PDA

View Full Version : Vale Kevin Gale

Geoff Fairless
18th Sep 2023, 05:50
I have just received the following from the ATCs website:

Vale Kevin Gale (KG)

Sadly, Kevin passed away Saturday evening, 16th September 2023 after a massive brain haemorrhage sustained on the 11th September as a result of his vascular dementia (diagnosed about 2 years ago).

Kevin had his wife, and three adult children (names deleted by poster) by his side the entire time for the 5 days while he was medically classified as "end of life".

Kevin was both an ATC and accomplished commercial pilot and instructor. I do not know much about his piloting achievements, but in ATC he rose to senior management level and was a leader when it came to airspace development.
He helped introduce the ICAO lettering system (A,B,C,D,E,Fand G) to Australia and tried to revolutionise our airspace by adopting FAA airspace designs.
People such as him are hard to replace.
Well done, KG

sunnySA
18th Sep 2023, 07:04
I have just received the following from the ATCs website:

Vale Kevin Gale (KG)

Sadly, Kevin passed away Saturday evening, 16th September 2023 after a massive brain haemorrhage sustained on the 11th September as a result of his vascular dementia (diagnosed about 2 years ago).

Kevin had his wife, and three adult children (names deleted by poster) by his side the entire time for the 5 days while he was medically classified as "end of life".

Kevin was both an ATC and accomplished commercial pilot and instructor. I do not know much about his piloting achievements, but in ATC he rose to senior management level and was a leader when it came to airspace development.
He helped introduce the ICAO lettering system (A,B,C,D,E,Fand G) to Australia and tried to revolutionise our airspace by adopting FAA airspace designs.
People such as him are hard to replace.
Well done, KG
Indeed. Former AsA Board member.

Dick Smith
18th Sep 2023, 07:13
Wonderful bloke. The Victor and Helicopter lanes in Sydney would not have gone ahead without Kevin

I managed to get him on the AsA board where he did good work.

RIP Kevin. Condolences to the family.