PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions Regarding Colour Vision

VectorNine
16th Sep 2023, 08:56
I'm currently finishing year 12 in Victoria and I recently failed both the FALANT and CAD tests and am struggling to navigate what remaining options I have to pursue a career in piloting next year. Firstly, with the ACVA being unavailable at this time I'm not sure if I would be able to pass it in the future, as well as this I have also been told by the doctor who administered my tests that passing the ACVA in the future wouldn't even give me the ability to operate internationally. I'm not sure this is true from what information I can find.
I've also read about the case of John O'Brien who was a first officer before his legal challenge from what I can understand and I would like to know how he reached this position and whether I could do the same.
Any advice on what options I have going forward would be appreciated.

ajax58
17th Sep 2023, 06:43
I suggest getting in touch with Dr Arthur Pape and John O'Brien himself via the CVDPA as they will have the most up-to-date information on what's going on in this area.. https://cvdpa.com/contact/

VectorNine
17th Sep 2023, 09:21
I've already done so but haven't received a reply yet, hopefully I will soon as I don't have a huge amount of time to make a decision.

ajax58
18th Sep 2023, 10:47
I've already done so but haven't received a reply yet, hopefully I will soon as I don't have a huge amount of time to make a decision.

I know that these are just words from a stranger on the internet, but time is on your side. Plenty of people don't start their flying careers until well into their 30s.