PDA

View Full Version : New Start Ups

MARK 101
15th Sep 2023, 10:49
Given the issues with Flypop,Hans aiways, Global etc set me wondering. Has any proposed new airline actually started revenue flights in the last few years.
Apart from Flybe 2 I cant actually think of any at all and certainly none that have actually been succesfull

davidjohnson6
15th Sep 2023, 11:01
Are you asking just about the UK... or do you include the rest of Europe ?
Do the post-Brexit UK AOC subsidiaries of Ryanair and Wizzair count ?

This link to wikipedia might be helpful
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Airlines_by_year_of_establishment

cavokblues
15th Sep 2023, 11:11
Do Norse UK count as 'new'?

BA318
15th Sep 2023, 11:14
Emerald is also a new one. BA Euroflyer too. Norse from the remains of Norwegian long haul.

jamesp
13th Oct 2023, 21:54
What about Electric Battery airlines at Coventry Airport, Asian company rumour has it?
Apparently there's AMPle slots, no Current Charges, an Electrifying airport to land at and to top it off, static electricity for aircraft free of charge 🤔.
Watt!!! The lightning will be a regular visitor along with all the static aircraft from the museum next door for a small trickle charge!!

Flitefone
14th Oct 2023, 05:40
Given the issues with Flypop,Hans aiways, Global etc set me wondering. Has any proposed new airline actually started revenue flights in the last few years.
Apart from Flybe 2 I cant actually think of any at all and certainly none that have actually been succesfull

www.oneair.aero

GeordieFlyer81
14th Oct 2023, 08:51
TUI/Enter Air starting up Fly4, to replace flying previously carried out by Sunwing.

Ascend Airways is a new ACMi start up in the UK.

southamptonavgeek
14th Oct 2023, 14:40
Paul Stoddart's European Cargo is now on its own UK AOC. Not sure if it can be counted as a new business as his various European companies have been around for years now.