PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Doing The Streamline Course?

Desperate for a job
1st Sep 2002, 20:02
Hello,

If you are doing the Streamline SD3-30 course starting on Sept 23rd, please drop me an E-Mail as I am on the course and would like to speak and maybe share accomodation?

Cheers!

[email protected]

Non Iron Chippy
2nd Sep 2002, 03:19
Desp. can I ask why you have opted for this course?

Have you a 'shed job lined up?...........

Flyingspaniard
2nd Sep 2002, 11:37
Don't mean to be disrespectful, but is it really worth shelling out all that money for a type rating with no concrete job offer at the end of it?

Please tell me you have a job offer and that you're not going to do it based on the Streamline promise of being placed in the pool. You won't hear from them.

redsnail
2nd Sep 2002, 17:12
Streamline is now owned by Emerald.

wanajob
3rd Sep 2002, 10:00
I was hoping to have completed my mcc course in time for the type rating course you are about to start, so that I could embark upon this route to hopefully move the career forward. Unfortunately I was let down at the last minute by my mcc training partner and therefore not able to start the type rating course. Normal negative responses to your thread so far as per normal. Good luck on the course and I would be most interested in hearing about your progress.

notgeorge
3rd Sep 2002, 10:02
I believe Streamline (and BAC) run their courses as a profitable part of the business and not to only provide a pool of pilots.

Both have enough "pooled" type rated pilots to cover their needs for the next couple of years and indeed there are pilots that have been in the "pool" for this length of time.

Also there are not that many Shorts operators.

Shanwick Shanwick
3rd Sep 2002, 19:51
In fact, Emerald and BAC are the ONLY shed operators in the uk!

Give yourself a chance and do a 737 rating instead.

In fact, Emerald and BAC are the ONLY shed operators in the uk!

Say again s l o w l y
3rd Sep 2002, 22:01
Hi Desperate.

I don't want to sound down beat, but there are quite a few guy's in the Streamline pool at the moment. Some have been there for quite a while. Nobody is quite sure how the take over will affect Streamline. Everyones been told that nothing will change for the foreseeable future.(6-12 months) A couple of new F/O's have just started so there maybe hope.

Good luck with it tho'. Just don't expect a job to land on your lap quickly. Keep looking elsewhere, the industry is starting to move (albeit very, very slowly). I wouldn't bother with a 73 type-rating far too much money for not an enormous difference in employment prospects.

Deeko01
4th Sep 2002, 02:09
um shanwick shanwick bit wrong there old boy Loganair have shorts 360's.

Spit15
4th Sep 2002, 07:09
Well spotted Deeko01!

Say again s l o w l y
4th Sep 2002, 10:06
Logan won't have the sheds for much longer.

Aurigny have a 360 aswell.

headlesshorseman
4th Sep 2002, 15:34
Apparently the whole office is on commission if they sell you the trto course - thats why it's so expensive...

5 Alive
5th Sep 2002, 00:32
You could do far worse than gaining a type rating with streamline.
No I dont work for them.
However I did a SD 360 type rating with them a few years back. Found it to be the jump start my career needed.
Best of luck. :)