PDA

View Full Version : Toilet light

25F
8th Sep 2023, 01:11
Normally on FR 737s the toilet light doesn't come on until I've gone in and locked the door. On my last flight a crew member saw me approaching and reached in and did something and the light was already on. A much-appreciated, although minor, courtesy. I wonder if it was related to the fact that I make a point of establishing eye-contact with CC during the safety briefing? This being one of the things I've learned from pprune. But I'm left wondering if there's some button I could press myself.

DaveReidUK
8th Sep 2023, 07:49
I only ever travel on aircraft that have a window in the toilet.

ShyTorque
8th Sep 2023, 08:57
The aircraft I flew all had an outside toilet.

S.o.S.
8th Sep 2023, 09:49
Thank you for your important contributions. It's almost like it's a warm Friday afternoon at the end of summer ...:8

For myself, 25F I have never seen the light switched on in that way.

NRU74
8th Sep 2023, 18:36

Were you on V Force ?

Gargleblaster
8th Sep 2023, 21:03
Lemme explain Shy Torque's post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm6VC5gdaFA ... a minute or so in

ShyTorque
8th Sep 2023, 22:07
Lemme explain Shy Torque's post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm6VC5gdaFA ... a minute or so in

That clip is blocked in the uk due to copyright.

ShyTorque
8th Sep 2023, 22:13
Were you on V Force ?

No… but not airliners.

pppdrive
8th Sep 2023, 23:30
You mean Yorkshire Airlines Britannia (which looked remarkably like a Monarch Britannia) with the wooden outside toilet attached next to the rear passenger door. Check 'YouTube' for Yorkshire Airlines to see the video and shortly after the boarding sequence the 'toilet' position is shown.
Paul

25F
9th Sep 2023, 03:25
I'm assuming the clip found by searching for
"Going somewhere, better take Yorkshire Airlines!"

SQUAWKIDENT
11th Sep 2023, 15:48
Normally on FR 737s the toilet light doesn't come on until I've gone in and locked the door. On my last flight a crew member saw me approaching and reached in and did something and the light was already on. A much-appreciated, although minor, courtesy. I wonder if it was related to the fact that I make a point of establishing eye-contact with CC during the safety briefing? This being one of the things I've learned from pprune. But I'm left wondering if there's some button I could press myself.

Just be glad there WAS a toilet and not a bucket in the aisle. Or maybe there is - I've never flown with that airline. Can't think why...

pax britanica
11th Sep 2023, 19:41
Oddly enopugh the closest to Yorkshire Airlines today is Jet2 , Based in Leeds and with yorkshire tea on the drinks menu. A bit like Skoda cars a joke onece (the name not jet2) but now highlky rated-the airline not the Joke
4 trips with them and they are a class act , excellent staff and a good product in all respects , Big Airways could learn alot about staff attitudes

V_2
11th Sep 2023, 21:49
Yes most airliners have an external button that overirdes the light on. Usually used by engineers to do maintenance whilst the door is open

S.o.S.
12th Sep 2023, 12:07
Thank you V_2 for clearing that one up.

25F
12th Sep 2023, 23:06
+1 Thanks V_2. I now don't think it would be appropriate for SLF to use this button themselves (even if they could find it).
Talking of Yorkshire Tea, was it Buzz or Go where you could get a genuine cafetiere ("French press" if you prefer) of coffee rather than instant?