PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Green Paper released

AnotherFSO
7th Sep 2023, 05:16
https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/infrastructure-transport-vehicles/aviation/aviation-green-paper

and press conference transcript here:
https://minister.infrastructure.gov.au/c-king/interview/press-conference-canberra-launch-aviation-green-paper

Vag277
11th Sep 2023, 04:57
Has no one read this?

thunderbird five
11th Sep 2023, 10:39
224 pages of waffle and BS? Sorry, I don't have that long left to live.

Lead Balloon
11th Sep 2023, 11:01
Just in time: The bottom of my cockie's cage needs replacement.

Vag277
11th Sep 2023, 22:08
If you do not read and comment we will be left with government policies that are not helpful to GA. Complaining on pprune is of no help.

Lead Balloon
11th Sep 2023, 23:48
Champagne comedy, Vag!

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
11th Sep 2023, 23:50
You only have to read the Regional and Remote section in the Executive Summary, and the GA section itself to see where the focus is. It's diverse, inclusive, and 100% green or it's gone.

MagnumPI
12th Sep 2023, 00:34
I read the General Aviation section for a laugh. Plenty of motherhood statements, ideas about growth opportunities, nothing of any real substance.

Speaks of a flying school in Perth using the Pipistrel Velis Electro electric trainer and spruiks it as the future of general aviation. A very optimistic view given the problems with range, weight, and energy density and the fact that they're about $350,000 here, or about seven times the price of a half decent (and still overpriced considering their age!) C150/152.

Almost everything was framed so as to relate to Net Zero or Closing The Gap. Are consultants paid to write this drivel or is it public servants?

Lead Balloon
12th Sep 2023, 00:52
The taxpayer pays for public sector officials to engage consultants to write the drivel at the taxpayers' expense.

Chronic Snoozer
12th Sep 2023, 00:58
I read the General Aviation section for a laugh. Plenty of motherhood statements, ideas about growth opportunities, nothing of any real substance.

Speaks of a flying school in Perth using the Pipistrel Velis Electro electric trainer and spruiks it as the future of general aviation. A very optimistic view given the problems with range, weight, and energy density and the fact that they're about $350,000 here, or about seven times the price of a half decent (and still overpriced considering their age!) C150/152.

Almost everything was framed so as to relate to Net Zero or Closing The Gap. Are consultants paid to write this drivel or is it public servants?

The sea ice in Antarctica is retreating because there are too many Cessnas flying. Basic Greenwashing 101.

The taxpayer pays for public sector officials to engage consultants to write the drivel... and the resubmissions.