PDA

View Full Version : Unable to edit/quick reply problem

Krystal n chips
5th Sep 2023, 08:19
Subsequent to the scrolling threads glitch, I can't use the "Quick Reply " option.

Also, when it comes to editing a post, having made the change from the original, the result is the same text but with what appears to be code dotted hither and thither through the text. This also affects any link which may have been included.

Is there a simple, easy to action, non techie fix, or, is this related to Pprune please ?

Asturias56
5th Sep 2023, 09:58
Had the same problem last week - seemed to clear up y itself

slast
26th Oct 2023, 09:36
Have the same problem, the "quick reply shows a window but I can't put anything in it. Regular "reply" (to thread) works OK. Anybody have a suggestion?

Uplinker
26th Oct 2023, 11:03
Been happening for some time now. Also, when you edit a post, you get all these syntax codes for line breaks etc. all over your text. A pain in the hoo hoo.

I think the standard response is that you have to allow all cookies ? I won't, but I put up with using work-arounds, and chopping out all the syntax codes when editing. What an utter pain !

slast
26th Oct 2023, 11:04
Not just me then .. thanks

Asturias56
28th Oct 2023, 07:38
Quick reply seems to come and go on my machine... some days it seems to work and other days not -

Krystal n chips
31st Oct 2023, 16:10
Just to add to this still unresolved glitch, I've just posted on the ticket office closing thread.

I was more than a bit a interested to learn, from the message box that appeared, that, my post was a replica of one I had just posted....when the only time I pressed send was the first time on completion of the post.