PDA

View Full Version : Flight diverting north over Eastern Atlantic on FR24

Rerun 57
4th Sep 2023, 18:29
Forgive this post, which may be born of ignorance, but I have just noticed on tracking site FR24 that several west bound flight seem to have suddenly left their assigned tracks and appear to be heading north. Does anyone have an explanation for what I am seeing? Thanks and possibly apologies.

The Flying Stool
4th Sep 2023, 20:09
I think it's a FR24 issue. Several aircraft seem to have kinked to the north in a similar area then continued on their route.

DaveReidUK
4th Sep 2023, 20:19
An Air France CDG-Detroit flight has just done as described above, diverting to Keflavik. Doesn't appear to be anything spurious about that one.

Stockportcounty
4th Sep 2023, 20:36
An Air France CDG-Detroit flight has just done as described above, diverting to Keflavik. Doesn't appear to be anything spurious about that one.

Medical.

AirportPlanner1
4th Sep 2023, 20:47
Not sure if still an issue but on Thursday when the hurricane was around plus some other big storms east coast traffic was routing very far north and back down due south into eg Montreal giving unusually long flight times. I know because I was meeting a relative on the return leg which had left late.

Rerun 57
5th Sep 2023, 08:24
I think it's a FR24 issue. Several aircraft seem to have kinked to the north in a similar area then continued on their route.
Ah! That sounds like that might be the answer
​. Thanks.

Rerun 57
5th Sep 2023, 08:27
This was the flight that first raised the issue with me. After I received the alert for that flight I noticed several others seemingly altering course to the north. Perhaps, as mentioned above, a glitch with FR24?