PDA

View Full Version : some questions - routine ops

Aiza
1st Sep 2023, 14:06
Good Evening All, I have some questions regarding our routine ops, wondering if i can get some wisdom from prune.

Q1. Can you pushback with block fuel less than the planned minimum fuel on the flight plan.( assuming a delay and apu usage has caused ramp block fuel to be less than the required minimum ofp fuel)

Q2. what if zfw drops, or rwy change, as pic if i was convinced that the flight can be completed safely (based on the OFP variation table) - would it be legal to depart with block fuel less than the planned minimum OFP FUEL.

Q3. After an emergency descent, assuming no structural damage, is it a good idea to burn all the fuel to try to reach the destination? or is it better to divert to a closer alternate whilst keeping reserves.

Thank you all in advance.

CaptainGrizzly
1st Sep 2023, 14:14
Q1. Can you pushback with block fuel less than the planned minimum fuel on the flight plan.( assuming a delay and apu usage has caused ramp block fuel to be less than the required minimum ofp fuel)

That would depend on your company policy. My previous company allowed a difference of +2/-1% from planned fuel at time of pushback.

Q2. what if zfw drops, or rwy change, as pic if i was convinced that the flight can be completed safely (based on the OFP variation table) - would it be legal to depart with block fuel less than the planned minimum OFP FUEL.

Same answer as above.

Q3. After an emergency descent, assuming no structural damage, is it a good idea to burn all the fuel to try to reach the destination? or is it better to divert to a closer alternate whilst keeping reserves.

It would depend on what kind of condition you are in. Even with no structural damage, an emergency descent maneuver can result in possible injuries to crew/pax. The urgency of the required medical assistance will be one of the factors in determining the next course of action.

Also don't forget the comfort aspect, not everyone will have it easy breathing in 10000' PA oxygen level, and the temperature inside the cabin will get cold.

Thank you all in advance.[/QUOTE]

rudestuff
1st Sep 2023, 14:22
OFP is just a plan. You can take more or less as long as its legal. They might be tankering, they might have given you a convenient company alternate so you could nominate a closer one.