PDA

View Full Version : BA.com not working well?

pax britanica
30th Aug 2023, 20:52
Spent almost all day trying to booka trip to Prague.

Both BA.com and exec club web sites coming up with either nonsensical results , ie No flights available when their Avios checker shows some flights are available.
Constant inconsistencies about flight availability and on three occasions spread across the day the hold booking functions would not work . In two cases having gone all the way thru the process only to geta 'sorry we cnanot process request' please try again.
i know BA set the standard for poor IT systems and I know there is obviouslya lot of ue at present due to the ATC issues but the muddle and inconsistency of their sites is just unacceptable . Anyone else had problems .
Prague is areal pain in the neck to get to with BA having a virtual monopoly and only LHR LGW and BRS are realsitic options for me and BRS my nearest on ly has EZ who fly 3 days aweek at odd times (V late arrivals in PRG after which I have 2.5 hour drive .

Haven't a clue
31st Aug 2023, 12:26
Had the the same experience yesterday, multiple times, getting through to the payment process then getting that error message. Gave up and booked with another airline....

PAXboy
31st Aug 2023, 17:51
Their IT systems always give the impression of being sized for only slightly above normal loading. Then they get these kinds of problems and the phone lines are also jammed.

davidjohnson6
31st Aug 2023, 19:28
Their IT systems always give the impression of being sized for only slightly above normal loading. Then they get these kinds of problems and the phone lines are also jammed.
The likes of AWS, Azure and GCP as the major cloud providers have been around for many years. There is little excuse now for IT systems being unable to scale, even 10x at very short notice.

PAXboy
1st Sep 2023, 18:16
Logging in today to check-in, it was very slow at first but then woke up. Whilst I have no doubt that rapid scaling is available - it depends how much they have signed up for. What we have seen over the last 10 years is that their system fails far more than it should and that, when there is an external problem (Volcano / ATC / etc.) they system struggles to deal with the load.

It is well understood that updating their system is horrendously expensive and will take a long time but they show no signs of starting. That is all on the table for IAG to fix.