PDA

View Full Version : My post hasn't appeared

Deltaroger3
30th Aug 2023, 09:25
I've recently joined but I posted 3 days ago and nothing has been posted how long does it take to be moderated. Thanks

Saab Dastard
30th Aug 2023, 10:48
Usually not very long (up to a few hours), but sometimes posts are deleted without ever being approved. Perhaps this is what happened with your posts.

Senior Pilot
30th Aug 2023, 11:27
I've recently joined but I posted 3 days ago and nothing has been posted how long does it take to be moderated. Thanks
Your two attempts to create new threads on a perceived sexual liaison between consenting adults were a) in the wrong forums and b) not worth approving.

Regards

MGJason
17th Sep 2023, 11:58
I believe you also need 3 posts to read PM’s.

thegoosefeet
27th Sep 2023, 15:24
Do replies also count as 'posts' ? still very new to this website haha

Asturias56
28th Sep 2023, 07:29
the quickest way is to put relatively anodyne posts on a few threads to rack up the requisite number

India Four Two
15th Oct 2023, 01:37
That's all very well if you know what anodyne means!

Asturias56
15th Oct 2023, 10:20
like a Rotodyne but a lot quieter.................

netstruggler
18th Oct 2023, 21:13
[anodyne], like a Rotodyne but a lot quieter.................

...and the opposite of cathodyne.

TheGreenAviator
3rd Mar 2024, 10:56
Do you perhaps know if the post approval time is only neccessary during your first few posts or is it always necessary?

TheGreenAviator
3rd Mar 2024, 10:59
Does anyone know if you get a notification when/if your post is approved by a moderator? And If rejected, the reason for rejection? (Very new to PPRuNe and simply trying to find my way around the conventions here. Thanks in advance.

TGA

tail wheel
3rd Mar 2024, 19:35
Do you perhaps know if the post approval time is only neccessary during your first few posts or is it always necessary?

I think the first ten posts only require approval, part of the anti SPAM system.

Does anyone know if you get a notification when/if your post is approved by a moderator? And If rejected, the reason for rejection? (Very new to PPRuNe and simply trying to find my way around the conventions here. Thanks in advance.
All Moderators are volunteers, no one sits on site 24/7 to approve posts. The majority of queued posts are cleared between 5:00 am and 7:00 am Australian Eastern Daylight Time. (0700 to 0900 UK time). Some posts may be approved in a shorter time if one of the Mod team sees a post in a thread requiring approval.

The majority of posts are cleared. The few that are rejected/deleted are obviously irrelevant, pointless, impolite or obviously posts solely to increase post counts, usually by those wishing to SPAM the site. No, "rejection messages" are not normally sent.

An example of a rejected and deleted new thread and post from this morning's queue:

Title: very interesting, but nothing sensible

Cool, I've been looking for this one for a long time

The user may also be banned if it is obvious they have nothing to contribute to a professional aviation forum.

TheGreenAviator
3rd Mar 2024, 19:45
I think the first ten posts only require approval, part of the anti SPAM system.

All Moderators are volunteers, no one sits on site 24/7 to approve posts. The majority of queued posts are cleared between 5:00 am and 7:00 am Australian Eastern Daylight Time. (0700 to 0900 UK time). Some posts may be approved in a shorter time if one of the Mod team sees a post in a thread requiring approval.

The majority of posts are cleared. The few that are rejected/deleted are obviously irrelevant, pointless, impolite or obviously posts solely to increase post counts, usually by those wishing to SPAM the site. No, "rejection messages" are not normally sent.

Hey Tail Wheel,

Obviously the post approval has no time hurry to me, I was simply confused, since i tried to post a reply in another tried. Since it was putt on hold I figured I had managed to get myself flagged on my very first post :O.
I can imagine mods deal with loads of spam bots, so placing a hold for the first couple messages makes a lot of sense. Is there a place on the forum I can find information like this? I have been exploring the forum a little but have not really found such a thing.

Cheers TGA