View Full Version : thoughts on this??

hargreaves99
29th Aug 2023, 14:25
https://skyflytech.com/axe-aircraft/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2dAzVXBLkg

hargreaves99
29th Aug 2023, 14:27
Where can I use my Axe?

Because the Axe is a private aircraft, in countries like the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, France, you are usually allowed to land where the owner of the land gives you permission. This means any landowners can, using a public database, indicate they are happy for Axe owners to land in their field. Just like land owners generate an extra income from making their land available for parking cars near events in the countryside like festivals, they can do that to allow Axe aircraft to land. In this context – the hybrid option where your Axe can have a range extending, lightweight rotary generator, is also relevant – if you land somewhere where there is no charger, you can use your generator which will keep running until the battery is fully charged – ensuring you can land anywhere, and not just where there is a charger.
You will not be allowed to land near large international airports or city centres until regulation and infrastructure surrounding traffic management has matured, although over time it is likely these destinations and will eventually become automated. Through infrastructure providers like Urban Air Ports, it is likely that around cities, you will see ‘Urban Airports’ for EVTOLs to start to appear – where you can park your private EVTOL and switch to a larger commercial air taxi to get you to city centres. Because aircraft and EVTOLs cover much more distance in much less time compared to cars, these “changeover” airfields for EVTOLs will be dotted around city centres in areas where land prices are lower and land is readily available.

29th Aug 2023, 16:00
Hill just got some competition....

hargreaves99
29th Aug 2023, 16:18
Through infrastructure providers like Urban Air Ports, it is likely that around cities, you will see ‘Urban Airports’ for EVTOLs to start to appear – where you can park your private EVTOL and switch to a larger commercial air taxi to get you to city centres​​​​​​​

stop laughing at the back!

Robbiee
29th Aug 2023, 16:36
Ok, now put those tiny rotors around my Trans Am so it can fly. :ok:

admikar
29th Aug 2023, 16:43
Where can I use my Axe?

Because the Axe is a private aircraft, in countries like the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, France, you are usually allowed to land where the owner of the land gives you permission. This means any landowners can, using a public database, indicate they are happy for Axe owners to land in their field. Just like land owners generate an extra income from making their land available for parking cars near events in the countryside like festivals, they can do that to allow Axe aircraft to land. In this context – the hybrid option where your Axe can have a range extending, lightweight rotary generator, is also relevant – if you land somewhere where there is no charger, you can use your generator which will keep running until the battery is fully charged – ensuring you can land anywhere, and not just where there is a charger.
You will not be allowed to land near large international airports or city centres until regulation and infrastructure surrounding traffic management has matured, although over time it is likely these destinations and will eventually become automated. Through infrastructure providers like Urban Air Ports, it is likely that around cities, you will see ‘Urban Airports’ for EVTOLs to start to appear – where you can park your private EVTOL and switch to a larger commercial air taxi to get you to city centres. Because aircraft and EVTOLs cover much more distance in much less time compared to cars, these “changeover” airfields for EVTOLs will be dotted around city centres in areas where land prices are lower and land is readily available.
Nice bit of snake oil speak.
They conveniently omitted to say that number of air movements is limited.
As for the genset, why don't make Axe ICE in the first place? And use batteries for climate control while engine is off?

md 600 driver
29th Aug 2023, 16:59
Where can I use my Axe?

Are you sure you can land off airfield in Germany
you can in uk and france if you have a landing permit

ETOPS
29th Aug 2023, 17:39
to say that number of air movements is limited

In the UK the word you are looking for is "Curtilage" and is the reason you don't need permission to cut the grass with a motor mower..

212man
29th Aug 2023, 17:42
It always raises a question when the prototypes are flown unmanned, with no test pilots - they clearly have more sense!

meleagertoo
29th Aug 2023, 21:30
<em>United States, Germany, France, you are usually allowed to land where the owner of the land gives you permission. </em> Not so.
USA and UK true, afaik in Germany only emergency response helicopters are allowed to land off airfields, I believe exceptions are seldom if ever granted. Helos are restricted to airfield to airfield flights. In France you need not only landowner's permission but also a "helisurface" permit obtainable with considerable bureaucracy and delay from the local Prefecture (chief of Police).

helispotter
29th Aug 2023, 22:37
It always raises a question when the prototypes are flown unmanned, with no test pilots - they clearly have more sense!

Not only that, but what is in the video looks to be a fairly small scale radio controlled model. That is most apparent where it is seen on the concrete and the roughness of the slab is apparent. Less obvious in the other footage.

There is an absolute proliferation of such EV rotorcraft proposals of late. I seem to get almost daily news feeds about them. I wonder which will become production reality?

Ascend Charlie
30th Aug 2023, 00:45
Unimpressed with the nose-high attitude in the "hover". Right when you need max visibility, you lose it. But if it ever reaches a working prototype, the weight of a passenger might change the attitude.

happyjack
30th Aug 2023, 06:13
Not so.
USA and UK true, afaik in Germany only emergency response helicopters are allowed to land off airfields, I believe exceptions are seldom if ever granted. Helos are restricted to airfield to airfield flights. In France you need not only landowner's permission but also a "helisurface" permit obtainable with considerable bureaucracy and delay from the local Prefecture (chief of Police).

What is the point of helicopters? That you don't have to use airfields! If you are forced to fly airfield to airfield go by F/W faster and cheaper?

GoodGrief
30th Aug 2023, 10:09
Not so.

This post is litterd with false information from a clueless person.

admikar
30th Aug 2023, 10:25
This post is litterd with false information from a clueless person.
Care to provide correct info?

30th Aug 2023, 13:29
Never seen a Falcon with an entrance door on the starboard side.

212man
30th Aug 2023, 13:55
Never seen a Falcon with an entrance door on the starboard side.
You're right - the ones I've flown in all had the door on the port side.

31st Aug 2023, 10:21
The promo still is clearly reversed for layout reasons then.

megan
31st Aug 2023, 14:00
Never seen a Falcon with an entrance door on the starboard sideYou chaps don't recall the recent reversed photo of the 206 on a document produced by the Oz regulator? It's to see if the reader is paying attention I think.