PDA

View Full Version : Why is 1st row blocked off at booking?

arrow2
24th Aug 2023, 14:20
I recently booked 2 seats in Premium Economy on BA for travel next May - out on a A350, back on a B777. I noticed when selecting seats that the front 8 seats in the first row in the section was unavailable for selecting - most of the other seats were available, being quite some time before travel. I was happy with my seats but am just wondering why this is so. I think it unlikely that the whole row has already been booked by someone else on both flights. Any idea why they do this?

redsnail
24th Aug 2023, 16:59
Possibly BA are accounting for different configurations of B777. Seat Guru might shed some light on it.

Kiltrash
24th Aug 2023, 17:36
Held back for Deadheading crew, and released once ops tell them there are none planned?!

PAXboy
24th Aug 2023, 21:14
Possibly held back for high tier holders who might book and need a guaranteed seat - then released? Some factors will be the destonation, school holidays and so on.

rog747
25th Aug 2023, 06:34
Possibly held back for high tier holders, then released?.

Yes, both BA and VS always block the first row of PE on their flights, often for High status card holders, INF/bassinets, and Disabled pax/Special Assistance.

They are normally released when check-in opens (48 or 24 hours before the flight) or sometimes the week before.

You can request front row seats through C/S if you have any special assistance needs.