PDA

View Full Version : Chat

5 Left & Right
1st Sep 2002, 11:14
Can anyone help with the chat section on PPRUNE it says it takes a minute to logon but nothing seems to appear, Do I need to download a program to make it work????

What_does_this_button_do?
1st Sep 2002, 12:15
it should download a Java applet - do you have Java applets on auto download in Tools/Internet Options/Security and check the Java settings. Mine are:

http://www.jetblasters.com/PPRuNe/graphics/4%20-%20java.jpg

Also - are you running a Firewall - if so which one?

B

5 Left & Right
2nd Sep 2002, 01:53
Thanks - checked my setting's. They are exactly the same as yours. Not running a firewall. Any other suggestions??

2nd Sep 2002, 05:34
What Operating system are you using, Service Pack level and what browser?

B

5 Left & Right
2nd Sep 2002, 10:16
I think we are on a different level -please excuse my ignorance. The OS is Windows 98se the other questions about web browser and service pack level, I'm not sure.

2nd Sep 2002, 10:51
Do you use Netscape or Internet Explorer. The version is found by running Netscape or Internet Explorer and clicking on Help and then About.

B

5 Left & Right
2nd Sep 2002, 19:37
explorer version 5

2nd Sep 2002, 19:42
IE5 does have problems - I would *suggest* that you upgrade to IE6. I say *suggest* because I don't be held to blame if your system doesn't work after you upgrade!!!!

5 Left & Right
3rd Sep 2002, 06:57
Ok thanks i'll consider it - appreciate your help.

777AV8R
16th Sep 2002, 06:22
Windows XP is the problem.....I found, after a lot of research...it is the 'security' setting in IE that is at fault.
After spending hours, waiting for DigiChat to load, I reduced the security setting to the minimum.....on the first reboot with the new settings....DigiChat loaded....no problems!

Hope it helps.

tony draper
16th Sep 2002, 11:19
Chat workes ok for me but links people post on chat only work occasionaly .
Somebody suggested the problem was security settings but I tried every combination and links still don't work.
A few other people complain of this but most seem to be able to link from chat no prob.
Any idea what would cause this??.
I run win 98 and IE 6