PDA

View Full Version : What Airlines allow direct entry from Military to Commercial

fuselage3103
21st Aug 2023, 08:30
"Hello fellow aviators! I'm curious to know which airlines are currently offering direct entry from military flying to commercial pilot positions without requiring any prior commercial aviation experience. If you or someone you know has recently made this transition, could you please share the airline and any insights into their specific requirements and application process? Your input would be greatly appreciated as I explore my options for transitioning from military flying to the commercial aviation sector. Thank you!"

bafanguy
21st Aug 2023, 15:04
There are airlines that don't take pilots directly from the military ? I find that amazing. Who are these airlines ?

fuselage3103
21st Aug 2023, 15:14
There are airlines that don't take pilots directly from the military ? I find that amazing. Who are these airlines ?
If you are unable to show commercial experience most big carriers don`t allow it. This is why i am asking to find airlines that allow without commercial experience.

bafanguy
22nd Aug 2023, 16:29
If you are unable to show commercial experience most big carriers don`t allow it.

Well, I learn things all the time. That seems rather shortsighted on the part of the airlines. You must be referring to airlines in EU, Asia or ME ?

For decades on end, the US airlines have taken pilots directly from the military without much problem. In fact, military pilots are the preferred target of US airline headhunting.

Good luck in your search for information.