PDA

View Full Version : Engagement Survey

HoldenCaufield
15th Aug 2023, 15:08
Lots of people at the pub and chat groups saying 'Don't bother - it won't make a difference.'

Apparently the last one was so diabolical that the company who is employed to run the survey (whom is global and works with many big firms) had to run an audit as they assumed there was an error in the algorithm. But no, a thorough check revealed the lowest score in its history was an accurate result.

Do the survey. Be honest and score honestly - especially if you are disengaged and unhappy.

Do I think it will lead to change? Not really, but if the 'net promoter score' improves, this will be seen as a win for those upstairs, be a massive face-saving and equal bonus's.

Piet Lood
15th Aug 2023, 20:08
There’s only two successful options: close to 0% engagement and close to 100% engagement.
Since there will aways be management lackey’s and wannabees, it will never be the first one, so I agree: participate and blast them with dead honest answers and don’t sugarcoat anything.

I also agree that nothing will change but at least there will be a record when the hole in the ground happens.

THEY.DON’T.LEARN!

main_dog
16th Aug 2023, 04:32
Actually, no, if you really want to show disengagement the best is to not answer at all.

tiger321
16th Aug 2023, 06:20
I believe the clue is in the name - it is an Engagement Survey. If you blast them with honesty and tell them what they already know, you ARE engaged. Big tick in the box for them.

I'm with main_dog.

corporal klinger
16th Aug 2023, 06:43
As if they don't know! I am convinced the whole project is a scam, a farcical tool to prefend interest and eventually use it to extract some cynically fabricated pseudo-statistics.

Nobody cares about us. Nobody is interested if we are happy or sad, angry or content, financially in peace, nobody. Same league as a fleet office meeting or CRM session. They know. Answer it if gives you a better feeling or you believe in it, or don't. Not only do they not care how you feel, they also don't care if you share or not.

The only measurement of engagement that counts for them is the number of people that show up for sign-on, a job interview or resign.

ZootBoot
16th Aug 2023, 07:12
I believe the clue is in the name - it is an Engagement Survey.

That isn’t how they calculate it. Participation doesn’t necessarily improve the score. It depends on who participates.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/992x594/dfc18e17_5a4c_4332_a1d8_111363090960_fc1a3fced19370df142cf3e d20927831d442e761.jpeg
The guidance from these companies suggests high response rates are good, as ‘most people are content at work and therefore more response equals a better eNPS.’ It assumes most people are promoters.

Now, knowing how unhappy so many people are it would be nice to see Cathay get two dreadful results in a row with this. It’s not a game changer or anything, but a war has many fronts, right?

If you don’t respond as a detractor, you are giving more weight to the Gatorade brigade.

Zi Peng
16th Aug 2023, 12:13
The question is how will they use the data, I reckon definitely to their advantage. If you do it you are somehow engaged, unhappy, angry but still bother to do the survey. If you are totally disengaged you just delete that email. In theory I am with Main Dog, in practice I have no idea.
I am not doing it on principle as nothing ever changed and if it did it was for worse.

KABOY
16th Aug 2023, 12:26
I recommend that the social media sycophants publish it on their social media page, highlighting that the company is reaching out to staff and want them to ‘engage’

As ambassadors for the company, they then publish those results on their social media page.

As a ‘top’ HK company, it’s essential that people see the brand and what it can deliver to future mainland employees.