PDA

View Full Version : QF Fleet Acquisition - What are they going to buy?

2daddies
1st Sep 2002, 07:39
It's no secret that Qantas is in the process of raising capital in order to embark upon a substantial fleet replacement/ expansion programme.

I'd love to know what sort of aircraft they are planning to purchase or lease as part of this programme and of particular interest to me is the number of 717s they want to add to the Airconnex fleet.

Anyone care to pull out their crystal balls?

*Lancer*
1st Sep 2002, 08:26
2daddies,

My understanding is that the capital raising is for the already announced fleet expansion as well as terminal expansion, and upgrads to the fleet (IFE/Business/etc)...

But I'd would love to be wrong! :D

Lancer

Mr Maverick
1st Sep 2002, 12:08
2 dads,

my information is that QF/Impulse/Airconnex has all the 717 they're going to get.

Pimp Daddy
1st Sep 2002, 12:24
At a wild guess - I reckon they'll buy six 747-400ERs, seven A330-200s, six A330-300s, 12 A380s and 3 more 737-800s.

Mark CRUISE
1st Sep 2002, 12:42
I'd Luff to pull out my crystal balls for you two 2daddies. I see that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and I must say that my balls are absolute beauties.

2daddies
1st Sep 2002, 14:45
Might have got my wires crossed a bit, but I wouldn't have thought that the latest capital raising exercise was conducted in order to fund the widely publicised A380/330 B744/738 orders currently in the pipeline.

My understanding was that these jets (or at least the 330s, 744s and 738s) had already been taken care of and the latest round of fund-raising was to kick off the first instalment in Qantas' strategy of spending $2.5 billion per year in each of the next 4 years on fleet renewal/ upgrade. in other words, MORE aircraft than the ones we all know about.

If I'm completely incorrect, how embarassment ! :eek: And if Mav is correct about the 717s, well all I can say is "Pharkin 'ell, I hate my life."

P.S - Mark, put those balls away. You'll take someone's eye out with them. :D

flipside
1st Sep 2002, 21:05
I would expect the capital raising to help Q ratios regarding already announced order AND more jets, can't see a need given existing orders for anything short term other than more 71 & 73.
Long term perhaps more capital raising, if req, for more longhaul aircraft. Of course some of the doe will be spent on facilities & ?????? Air New Zealand(which will change the landscape).

2Daddies ask a question about more 717 and expect a heap of responses from no more to getting rid of them all, me still think many people out there still believe the are entitled to it