PDA

View Full Version : Full works

AirbusVR
13th Aug 2023, 08:17
Can anyone recommend a company in the UK that will provide a full works check up?

for the last year and a half I have been feeling constantly nauseous, it’s like a dull hangover/motion sickness type. I’ve been to my GP that’s done blood tests, if seen a ENT had a MRI on my brain and all seems normal.

It’s starting to get to me, especially as I feel the GP may not believe me.

I fly long haul, so I’m thinking it could be a parasite.

But think the time has come where I need to pay and get a full MOT.

any recommendations?

Radgirl
13th Aug 2023, 12:01
Hi

You do not need screening (an MOT) which is to detect early symptom free disease in the well. So please dont be tempted to pay a company for same

If your GP has failed to make a diagnosis he needs to refer you and I would suggest a gastroenterologist. an abdominal CT scan or virtual colonography with contrast may also hell but you are well advised to sit down with a gastroenterologist and let him work through your symptoms. If you are long haul I would amongst other things be looking for parasites and other chronic infections

Good luck

AirbusVR
13th Aug 2023, 13:28
Hi

You do not need screening (an MOT) which is to detect early symptom free disease in the well. So please dont be tempted to pay a company for same

If your GP has failed to make a diagnosis he needs to refer you and I would suggest a gastroenterologist. an abdominal CT scan or virtual colonography with contrast may also hell but you are well advised to sit down with a gastroenterologist and let him work through your symptoms. If you are long haul I would amongst other things be looking for parasites and other chronic infections

Good luck

Thank you, this will be the route I’ll take

Chris Kariolis
8th Feb 2024, 11:05
Hi,

just wondering how you got on? I have been suffering with similar but including weight loss and loose p***s and got a parasite test done through the GP. Turns out I do have a couple of parasites and had a course of antibiotics a couple of weeks ago. I’m feeling better but a retest this week shows I still have one type, just waiting to talk to my GP.

cheers.