PDA

View Full Version : eastern australia history

flightbunny
1st Sep 2002, 03:01
hi,

if anyone can help me.. i need some help with eastern australia airlines. does anybody know when it was founded, and by who. and was it taken over by tn in 1992??? any help on its history would be appreciated thanks

flightbunny!!!!

vee1-rotate
1st Sep 2002, 04:48
Try this:

Australian Aviation Archive (http://users.chariot.net.au/~theburfs/regional2.html)

scroll down to Eastern Australia airlines.

Torres
1st Sep 2002, 06:22
I think Eastern Airlines was started by John Roworth and originally traded as Tamworth Air (or maybe Tamair?)

hoss
2nd Sep 2002, 10:05
flightbunny,

eastern australia airlines was founded by jim packer on the
11 august 1949.the fleet was a single tiger moth flying to various locations across nsw.he called the airline tamworth air taxi service,later abbreviated tamair.

in july 1998 australian airlines purchased east west's shares of eastern airlines and was renamed eastern australia airlines.

more info if you need,good luck at the interview ;)

hoss

Kenny Carter
2nd Sep 2002, 23:33
Correct me if I'm wrong:

EAA evolved out of East Coast Airlines, which ran titans & bandits on coastals (Willie - Brisbane).
East West pulled out of PMQ and TN took over ECA (in early 89) and injected funds and got the Dash's. I think original name was Eastern Australian Airlines from the TN ownership. QF then purchased the shares.

Cheers

KC

hoss
3rd Sep 2002, 01:50
I stand corrected on the error in the year Australian purchased EWA's shares,it was in fact 1988 (sorry). In 1987 East West was taken over by Ansett. As a result The Trade Practices Commision ruled that EWA had to relinqish its holding in Eastern Airlines.

With Australian Airlines the name Eastern Australia Airlines evolved. Regional traffic growth ensured and schedules were developed to provide connections to major trunk routes. Dash-8 and Jetstreams were used and the network expanded especially on GLI IVl GFN TRE KMP PMQ and ARM.The aircraft had the Australian Airlines livery.In 1991 Australian became the sole owner of EAA after purchasing the remaining shares from John Roworth.

Regards Hoss :)

flightbunny
5th Sep 2002, 06:54
hi,

thanks for the info..

hoss sent u a pvt!!!