PDA

View Full Version : Industrial Action

Fridayflyer
9th Aug 2023, 10:29
Well where does this go?
Never been a better time for the pilots to demonstrate their worth to the company as the single most limiting factor for the company to return to its schedule or god forbid ever expand is to have adequate crewing numbers.
If 777/airbus guys are currently working 100 hours a month and number of pilots on the seniority list remains the same as Atlas and Qantas and others continue to hire how on earth do they indeed to operate 100% of the schedule in a year?
If we can’t get a pay rise / bonus / increase in conditions right now, when they are so obviously struggling for crew, then there is zero chance of ever being in a better position in the future.

AQIS Boigu
9th Aug 2023, 10:50
No CX pilot will take industrial action if it costs him/her/it money

Tiger pork
9th Aug 2023, 11:16
Bluster is the metaphor for bull**** and how in God's own Christendom will the AOA, as..lets face it in need of dentures to say the least, get the ground swell of numbers and visceral energy to take on a current CX that will suffocate the first week of industrial action as in the 49'ers..

Piet Lood
9th Aug 2023, 11:27
A lot of them couldn’t even follow a few simple contract compliance rules like not working on your day off or not answering their phone.
Industrial action? Forget it.
Too many STW’s

KABOY
9th Aug 2023, 13:22
Well where does this go?
Never been a better time for the pilots to demonstrate their worth to the company as the single most limiting factor for the company to return to its schedule or god forbid ever expand is to have adequate crewing numbers.
If 777/airbus guys are currently working 100 hours a month and number of pilots on the seniority list remains the same as Atlas and Qantas and others continue to hire how on earth do they indeed to operate 100% of the schedule in a year?
If we can’t get a pay rise / bonus / increase in conditions right now, when they are so obviously struggling for crew, then there is zero chance of ever being in a better position in the future.

Look at the employee demographic and see where they hail from.

Then ask yourself are they from a country where employee rights is front and center of there upbringing?

Then retire to your keyboard with whatever is your poison and contemplate what may have been. Because realistically COS18 shows you where the industrial power lays…

Oasis
9th Aug 2023, 16:43
There are jobs everywhere, many are planning to leave anyway.

But it’s easier to stay, so why not strike and make thing better?

Lets see how the shareholders will like that.

Best time ever to take a stand before taking that fo job in your home country with an actual contract.

Gnadenburg
9th Aug 2023, 22:00
Are you leaving Oasis? Or are you rallying others?

Oasis
10th Aug 2023, 08:36
Are you leaving Oasis? Or are you rallying others?

Would you believe it if I told you? Seriously, they are with their backs against the wall, and they never will be again.

ron burgandy
12th Aug 2023, 11:47
The people who would have taken industrial action have done so….. they resigned.

Anyone with any get up and go, got up and left.

Progress Wanchai
13th Aug 2023, 00:47
Completely agree Ron.

As every other airline was giving significant pay rises to their crew as the industry rebounded from Covid, Cx gave one of their fleets a 10% pay cut.
The result? The WhatsApp groups exploded in chest beating mock outrage. Hardly anything but complaining like spoilt children. There was possibly one or two suggestions on a meaningful reaction to management’s action.
What actually happened? Table thumping was added to the chest beating.

The strong have left, the weak remain.

ZootBoot
13th Aug 2023, 09:36
Seriously, they are with their backs against the wall, and they never will be again.

I really, honestly wish that were true but I’m not convinced they in any way feel like they are in a weak position or we have their back against the wall.

Whilst their timeline of achieving 100% return to pre-pandemic seems unlikely, they are making a fortune and probably don’t care about it as much as we thought.

Don’t seem to care about the moth-balled aircraft and CK openly stating that the productivity threshold will increase over time on all fleets to closer to 70 hrs but ‘still remain competitive in the region’.

That might make expats leave, but they are a Chinese carrier now and have even stated such. They seem to have plenty of interest from local and mainland applicants and if that means 5 or 10 years to be at capacity again, so be it.

Oasis
13th Aug 2023, 11:51
They can hire as many cadets they want from the mainland/home market, it will not solve their lack of captains problem for the next 5 years.

The next 5 years is the only window there is, after that you can forget it.

They again reopened the offer for ex-cx capains and fo's to come back, after they closed it (end of may?), still not improving re-signing conditions. Lord only knows why anyone would come back being at the bottom of the pile with rosters and staff travel.

I agree that most who have had enough, are already gone, the ones remaining have no other options, are planning to leave or are happy with the conditions as they are.

pfvspnf
13th Aug 2023, 14:09
Pilots from west Africa will solve all

From a distance
14th Aug 2023, 05:43
I witnessed first-hand from more than one of these boomerang employees, moralising to their colleagues about how they too should leave as they were worth more, and they themselves wouldn't tolerate any more disrespect from management.

I know there were different reasons for leaving in the first place, so not putting all the boomerang employees in the same category, but all I am saying is you better have your narrative sorted about why you have returned, because I will ask when I see you and please spare me the bullcrap, because you have returned on inferior conditions to previously when you factor in seniority for staff travel and rostering.

chards
14th Aug 2023, 08:07
I witnessed first-hand from more than one of these boomerang employees, moralising to their colleagues about how they too should leave as they were worth more, and they themselves wouldn't tolerate any more disrespect from management.

I know there were different reasons for leaving in the first place, so not putting all the boomerang employees in the same category, but all I am saying is you better have your narrative sorted about why you have returned, because I will ask when I see you and please spare me the bullcrap, because you have returned on inferior conditions to previously when you factor in seniority for staff travel and rostering.

Self important much? What makes you think anyone owes you a narrative on why they stay, leave or return when you never had the cajones to leave in the first place?

JMock
14th Aug 2023, 12:49
Self important much? What makes you think anyone owes you a narrative on why they stay, leave or return when you never had the cajones to leave in the first place?

100%
what a giant casserole

ZootBoot
14th Aug 2023, 14:33
I think this thread answered its own question quite clearly. The ship sailed back in 2016 as the last chance for anything like that.

Now, CX pilots are a bunch of toddlers having arguments in a sandpit. Completely divided and bitter.

And to top it off the AOA couldn’t agree on the colour of ****.