PDA

View Full Version : Book on Apptitude tests

huey
1st Sep 2002, 02:43
Hi All,
I've been told by a friend that there is a book avalible called something like How to pass a military apptitude test.On the front cover is a picture looking towards the cockpit of a fighter jet.
Does any one have any details.

Thanks in advance.

Huey

motionlotion
2nd Sep 2002, 11:33
huey,

Yes, there were some books doing the rounds on the subject of "Aptitude Testing". Well they were more into the individual aspects employed in the selection tests. They were kicking around when I was going through BH (long time ago now and the light has faded somewhat).

Published by Penguim Books and if I recall correctly were titled, "Teach yourself Matrices" and "Know your-own Progressive Matrices" or something like that. I don't know of any other "How to pass" type books on aptitude as you either have it or you don't!

Anyway, good luck.

ML

FOMere2eternity
2nd Sep 2002, 11:42
"Know Your Own IQ" by H J Eysenck has a set of about 12 tests in it that follow the style of some OASC tests - stuff like number and shape sequences etc.

It's a paperback and worth a couple of quid to put you in the right frame of mind for inane tests that apparently prove your abilities :rolleyes:

huey
3rd Sep 2002, 10:57
Hi,
Thanks for your replys.I will look into it.

Huey

alandhall
4th Sep 2002, 08:46
Hi huey,

3 books I found VERY useful for the OASC tests were:

'How To Win At Aptitude Tests' by Paul Penshenke (0-7225-2814-0)

'How to Win At Aptitude Tests, Vol II' by Iain Maitland' (0-7225-3761-1)

and:

'More How To Win At Aptitude Tests' by Liam Healy (0-00-711257-2)

They're all published by Thorsons. I found them very helpful, as they're full of practice tests and advice on how to do well at them. Many of the OASC tests are of a very similar style. Highly recomended.

Al.

ps. I am in no way connected with the publisher or the authors. ;)