PDA

View Full Version : Australian Uniform

downtheback
1st Sep 2002, 00:15
First lot of Flight Attendants arrive in Cairns today to start ground school tomorrow for Australian Airlines.

Good luck to All!

Also those who have had uniform fittings. What did you think?

Fairly casual and very comfortable. I thought.

BDboy
3rd Sep 2002, 05:03
Only two and a half weeks to go now, I seriously cant wait!! I couldnt make it to the uniform fittings, what was the uniform like? I hope that everyone moving up is organised and has every thing pretty much under control!

I am really looking forward to meeting you all!

See you soon

BDboy.

cino2go
3rd Sep 2002, 06:25
Afternoon,

just finished day 2 of training school.

Going to keep it all a secret :D

You will all love it

Blondie76
4th Sep 2002, 03:27
Do you know what the uniform is like? I went for my uniform fitting and was told that it was still top secret??

Great service
4th Sep 2002, 03:59
Anyone starting Ground school for Australian Airlines in October? If you are, send me a private message, so we can meet up or chat over the phone before ground school. Look forward to hearing from you. This is a dream come true.

one-ball
5th Sep 2002, 12:31
Did they decide to adopt the Pax' Choice uniform? :

Leather hat.
Glad-wrap top (low-cut) with mid-riff and matching mini.
Thigh-high leather boots.
Whip.

I did a survey and that's what pilots and passengers expect to see. Give 'em what they want, right?

No guys though....... Sorry.

alien8
5th Sep 2002, 12:55
I start at the end of October, but will drive up from Syd mid Oct to get organised before the fun begins.:cool:

Great service
6th Sep 2002, 01:49
Looks like your in my class, im staring on the 7th of October, are you flying up on the 6th? or are you going up earlier? E mail me, so we can chat and maybe meet up if your from sydney. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers

Whoop
15th Sep 2002, 06:33
Was at the unveiling of the aircraft livery today at Sydney. Not a bad paint job, FA uniforms not bad, bit boring..... but what drugs were they on when they came up with the KMart pilot uniform.... perhaps they can earn a bit on the side as customs officers

Evacu8
16th Sep 2002, 14:57
Have to agree with Whoop

Techie uniforms.... way bad !

F/a unifroms.... geez I would've thought they could come up with something a bit more original and interesting !! It's so similar to the Virign Blue uniform, just different colours !!

QF got rid of the blue shirts for cabin crew....one reason....cabin crew sweat ! The sweat stains on those dark shirts will not be attractive !!

But good luck to those that are at Aussie, sure you guys will go well :)

cloud nine
16th Sep 2002, 22:05
Does anyone know where I can view the uniforms? I missed it on the news.

I did hear that the new QF uniform will be not unlike the AA uniform.

Thanks in advance;)

cabin secure
16th Sep 2002, 22:19
Hi Cloud

Check out the post on Dunnunda there are some great photos on there.
(in reporting points sub forum)
Cheers!

cloud nine
17th Sep 2002, 03:47
Hmmm, not to sure if I like the uniforms or not. The colours are okay, but they are very casual looking.

I think that a tie on the guys would look alot nicer. And a scarf on the girls would be better.

Those tan jackets do remind me of Virgin's uniform.

Very very casual is all I can say.

happyrainbow
17th Sep 2002, 07:44
Australian Uniform, looks very Casual, yet nice. The plane looks great.

Thanks Cabin Secure for your help.

Blondie76
17th Sep 2002, 22:30
Cabin Secure

I've tried to locate where to find pictures of the Australian Uniforms but haven't had much luck. Can you tell me where to look in "Blonde" terminology.

Thanks heaps

downtheback
17th Sep 2002, 23:12
Go To Dunnunda Reporting Points

Then to topic " Return of the other flying roo(Pic) " By Wirraway

Scroll Down to the links in the first post. Then link that mentions the name "andrea staines" is the best full length photo of the uniform

Good Luck

Patagonia
18th Sep 2002, 17:14
I like the uniform and if all the male CC look like him then I can't wait to go for a ride ;)

Blondie76
19th Sep 2002, 22:58
I finally managed to find the photo's.

From hearing other peoples comments I expected the uniforms to look rather average, but I was pleasantly surprised. Very casual, but that goes in line with "leisure carrier".

I can't wait to start training in a couple of weeks!

:D