PDA

View Full Version : Booked Connecting Flights - Time of First has changed

nedite8864
4th Aug 2023, 19:11
We booked connecting flights...

Uk Manchester - Heathrow.

Heathrow - Baltimore

We just got emailed and have been told they have changed the time of the first flight.. leaving us just 60min's for the connection.

So questions...

is 60 minutes going to be anywhere near enough time? my gut feel is that it won't be as the second flight will want us onboard well in advance of departure.

Do we need to go though custom's between the connections? or is it just a matter of getting off one flight and making our way to the next? I know it can take a while to get off a flight etc..but how complicated is it?

Thanks

DaveReidUK
4th Aug 2023, 19:23
Domestic to international won't involve customs.

Should be doable (both will be T5) unless for any reason the MAN flight is delayed or you end up on a remote stand.

ezyBoh
4th Aug 2023, 20:27
Mention to the PU that you have a tight connection, they may let you get off first. You'll follow the 'connections' sign where you'll go through security again (l think). Again if you're running short of time speak to one of the staff.

davidjohnson6
4th Aug 2023, 22:21
If you absolutely insist on flying to Baltimore rather than Philadelphia or Washington Dulles, then this is cutting it fine. On a good day, you'll make the flight - assuming nothing goes wrong. If the flight from Manchester is more than about 15 mins late, you're in trouble. If your flight from Manchester arrives a little bit late, you may well be moved to a later flight to Washington Dulles (or even JFK) - or offered a hotel near Heathrow and a flight (possibly with a change somewhere in the USA) to Baltimore the next day. If you arrive in Heathrow too late for the last BA flight to Washington, there's also an evening flight with Virgin from Heathrow to Washington - you would have the legal right to force BA to put you on this flight if there is no other option on the same day - but you'll have to kick up a fuss and threaten BA staff with the CAA and court action before they agree to it.
I accept I'm being somewhat imprecise - if you can give the date of your travel, we can give you more precise advice.

You may wish to talk to BA and ask for your flight from Manchester to be moved to something earlier - and don't let anybody con you into paying money for this - the airline chose to increase the risk, so the airline must bear the cost

BA318
4th Aug 2023, 23:00
When is your flight? At the moment the minimum connection time for BA at Heathrow is 60 minutes. However from Jan 2024 they are increasing this to 90 minutes. https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/06/23/british-airways-increasing-minimum-connection-times-at-heathrow/

If all operates normally you should have no problem. However if there are delays to the first flight you won’t be let through connections to make your second and will be rebooked (either to a nearby airport or in the coming days).

LTNman
5th Aug 2023, 05:47
While you could just make your connection I would hazard a guess that your hold luggage won’t.

DaveReidUK
5th Aug 2023, 06:45
While you could just make your connection I would hazard a guess that your hold luggage won’t.

Or conceivably vice versa.

flyingtincan
5th Aug 2023, 19:08
Did you book the flights as one continuous booking or were the two flights booked separately?

DaveReidUK
5th Aug 2023, 22:11
Looks like the OP won't be answering any questions ...