PDA

View Full Version : Fly an Airbus or Boeing with Just 200 Hours!?

cryptoknight
3rd Aug 2023, 13:45
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to do a pilot training, either integrated or modular. I'm currently in the research phase, and I've found that most large airlines require at least 500 hours on Airbus or Boeing aircraft, (my goal is to be Airbus/Boeing pilot, potentially fly for middle eastern airline) . I'm wondering how I can get those hours. I know that I can pay to fly, but that's not ideal.

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your input!
PS: I'm eyeing for flight school in Canada, South africa Europe and USA

redsnail
3rd Aug 2023, 14:52
Hi Crypto, assuming that's going well, paying for it all shouldn't be an issue ;)
OK - so where can you live and work? That'll decide what licence you should get.
The big middle eastern airlines want a lot more than just 500 hours on type. You'll probably require several thousand hours to get a look in, unless you're a part of their cadet schemes.

cryptoknight
3rd Aug 2023, 16:34
Hi redsnail, thank you for your reply! yes exactly. Where do people get more than that 500 on type these days haha when everywhere requires on type :sad:

rudestuff
3rd Aug 2023, 16:44
Hi redsnail, thank you for your reply! yes exactly. Where do people get more than that 500 on type these days haha when everywhere requires on type :sad:
They dont. After you get your licence you will apply for a cadet position with a LoCo such as Ryanair, Wizz, Etc.. There are plenty of airlines what take 200 hour cadets.
After 3000-5000 hours you'll be able to apply for a Captain position or head out to the Middle East and make the big bucks.