PDA

View Full Version : Mi-26 Helicopter Crashes into a Pole at Yakutsk Air Base

Tiger G
3rd Aug 2023, 08:14
A Mi-26 military transport helicopter, operated by the Border Service of the Federal Security Service (FSB) of Russia, collided with a lighting mast at Yakutsk Airport (YKS) on July 27, 2023.......

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=peercl

discorules
3rd Aug 2023, 09:15
Wow...that marshaller was incredibly lucky not to be hit by the detaching blades.
Hopefully the vehicle driver was unhurt, but it just goes to show the force and distance that they can travel.

Less Hair
3rd Aug 2023, 09:42
Does it have a steerable nose wheel or a castoring one with brakes needed to steer? The Mi-26 is huge.

JanetFlight
3rd Aug 2023, 15:00
Reborn again...

BFSGrad
3rd Aug 2023, 15:14
Guessing all eyes were on the marshaller?

Spoiler alert: despite a gallant effort to remain standing, the conspicuously-marked pole is eventually felled.

ShyTorque
3rd Aug 2023, 15:17
I suspect the pilot had probably dropped his white stick :rolleyes:

DuncanDoenitz
3rd Aug 2023, 19:22
Wow...that marshaller was incredibly lucky not to be hit by the detaching blades.
Hopefully the vehicle driver was unhurt, but it just goes to show the force and distance that they can travel.
Agreed. If a helicopter decides to self-destruct on the ground, the safest place within 500 metres is normally inside the helicopter.

Avman
3rd Aug 2023, 21:02
Words simply fail me! I just cannot understand what made them go so deep before making the turn?

Union Jack
3rd Aug 2023, 21:31
Surely it's well known that Poles don't like Russians....:=

Jack

OvertHawk
4th Aug 2023, 15:32

Jack

:D:ok:

stevef
4th Aug 2023, 16:50

Jack

Where's the Like button when you need it!

atakacs
4th Aug 2023, 17:08
Words simply fail me! I just cannot understand what made them go so deep before making the turn?
Baffling
Perfect conditions
Absolute empty space

What on earth went through their mind?!

stevef
4th Aug 2023, 17:49
Almost bits of the main rotor blades ...

MechEngr
4th Aug 2023, 17:59
Baffling
Perfect conditions
Absolute empty space

Orders for deployment to Ukraine. Can't get shot down without a helicopter. Whatever else happens, that should be off the table.

ATC Watcher
5th Aug 2023, 09:51
Orders for deployment to Ukraine. Can't get shot down without a helicopter. Whatever else happens, that should be off the table.
interesting comment . Especially since it deliberately disregarded the marshaller signs , who gave up in the end , and the car driver too had to move , not expecting it to come so close . But we do not have the R/T , could have been told or directed to park somewhere else on the R/T.

a Russian blogger I am following regularly reports that there seems to be quite a few sabotage acts in the military or voluntary acts to prevent going to the front .