PDA

View Full Version : Hello, greetings from Korean newbie

maplestory
25th Jul 2023, 15:10
Hello guys, i just made 1500 hours on A320 and try to apply DEFO at CX.

Is there any chance that low time FO can get an interview?

Also, i wonder that A320 FOs have a chance to be called up Wide body like A330.

corporal klinger
25th Jul 2023, 23:57
North or South Korea?

Hot High Heavy
26th Jul 2023, 01:07
The company is pretty desperate right now for anybody they can get, so I would say you would have no problem getting an interview. In terms of fleet, you could end up anywhere, you don’t have any choice where they put you. Do your research on the company before joining. There’s a lot of negativity on here but much of it is actually justified. Be aware that you will be working for a company effectively without any contracted conditions, they can be changed whenever the company sees fit, you will also have very little control over your lifestyle due to the way the rostering system works. If you are from Korea, there is a chance you may be able to get home once a month although probably not on the 320. Good luck!

maplestory
26th Jul 2023, 03:43
South sir! :D

Thanks for the answer !
Yes , i already read all of the threads about CX, but your comments are really helpful.
320 is also good for me though but i wish i have a chance on 330 or 350 in future.
Thank you very much again, safe flight sir

fgw
28th Jul 2023, 09:54
Your message box is full. can not send you message.
send me an email on bluemosk1502[at]gmail.com

T28B
28th Jul 2023, 19:27
Until our new colleague has 10 posts, the PM box size is limited. This is a feature that the site owners had to adopt as a spam fighting measure.

Welcome, maplestory. :ok:

Koan
29th Jul 2023, 20:21
Hello guys, i just made 1500 hours on A320 and try to apply DEFO at CX.

Is there any chance that low time FO can get an interview?

Also, i wonder that A320 FOs have a chance to be called up Wide body like A330.

I have been doing ICN about twice a month. Great airport and layover

What is going on with the hiring scene in Korea?

controlledrest
31st Jul 2023, 05:50
A few things to consider:

POS18 is not an employment contract which would be legal anywhere but HKG (and maybe mainland China). Everything is company policy, subject to change at the company's sole discretion, without notice.

Pilots are leaving as fast as they are recruited. The total pilot numbers are not increasing. Why?

We have recently damaged two 330s from hard landings. Two 321s had their LG written off from hard landings. On one day we had three 747s AOG awaiting heaving landing inspections. A 321 recently had a tail strike. This is due to inexperienced pilots been pushed onto the line with inadequate training. It is only a matter of time before we have a hull loss.

The roster system is generating minimum days off. You will not be able to commute. We don't have a roster swap system (that works).

A high proportion of your monthly income depends upon hours flown above a threshold. If you take leave or are sick you will have to use you own savings to pay the bills that month. Don't even think about having children here.

cadet7000
31st Jul 2023, 10:37
Any sources on the tail strike? Haven't been able to find anything re CX tail strikes apart from an incident in 2004.