PDA

View Full Version : IR renewal in Melbourne

TSRABECOMING
16th Jul 2023, 08:58
After 1.5 year away from flying, I am going back to fly again. I need to renew my IR to meet some operators requirement. Are there any good places where I can contact for IR renewal? prefer for the shortest time for refresh training and if possible in an CASA approved sim.
TIA

Petropavlovsk
16th Jul 2023, 09:42
The thread is rather vague and poorly worded ..

Returning to flying after 18 months? No big deal! The shortest refresh time will depend entirely on your ability to reach the required standard. If you are of low total time and limited IFR experience.. then for your own benefit a flight test in an aircraft may be more important in order to assess your skills.

Yellow Pages / White Pages phone book is a good starting point.

Every candidate is different; perhaps you might locate a flight school with an aircraft type you are familiar with.

Hoosten
17th Jul 2023, 08:53
Yellow Pages / White Pages phone book is a good starting point.

​​​​​​​The what?? What are yellow/white pages? For dyslexics?

ACMS
17th Jul 2023, 09:29
Go Bini at YMMB, one of the best around, highly respected, Steve Pearce should be back on deck now.

deja vu
25th Jul 2023, 12:55
The what?? What are yellow/white pages? For dyslexics?
Petra is a troll. A year ago was enquiring about how to get the first job. Now an expert.

PiperCameron
26th Jul 2023, 04:19
Go Bini at YMMB, one of the best around, highly respected, Steve Pearce should be back on deck now.

I second that. Give them a call. :ok:

lucille
26th Jul 2023, 12:28
Bini? I thought Peter had gone to the big aero club in the sky. Ahhh.. the good old days in the A-frame. And a Twin Commanche for training. Jeez, they must have trained thousands over the the years.

ACMS
27th Jul 2023, 05:01
Bini? I thought Peter had gone to the big aero club in the sky. Ahhh.. the good old days in the A-frame. And a Twin Commanche for training. Jeez, they must have trained thousands over the the years.

Yes Peter left is a long time back. But Steve and the others have kept it ticking along very well.
highly respected in the industry.

Checkboard
27th Jul 2023, 12:11
Gosh, Steve can't be in the first flush of youth, either.

I did my IR with Ewan Jarvis, but Bini's always had a stellar rep.

Hoosten
27th Jul 2023, 12:49
Steve ain't a spring chicken but he's still the best around, he's got plenty of good years left in him. A bloody champion of a bloke.