PDA

View Full Version : Items that have stopped working

WHBM
14th Jul 2023, 11:25
I'm on Microsoft Edge.

Quick Reply doesn't work at all. Click on the entry box, cursor goes in, no typing appears, entry box stays blank and cursor does not move.

The mainstream Reply works OK.

Edit has a somewhat similar problem, click in it, Edit box appears but is blank, there is no original text shown, although it's the right screen as 'reason for editing' is shown at the bottom. However, if you then click 'Go advanced' it all appears.

Asturias56
15th Jul 2023, 08:12
Firefox & Chrome work fine

netstruggler
15th Jul 2023, 16:17
Firefox & Chrome work fine

I see those problems with both Firefox & Chrome.

Asturias56
16th Jul 2023, 07:16
i had a load of problems a month ago - clearing the cache and saved passwords for Pprune helped

longer ron
19th Jul 2023, 06:55
I use Opera and Quick Reply has mostly not worked for a few weeks now (it has worked ok on a couple of occasions but mostly not) - also I am having to post carefully as 'Edit' is not working either now.If I click 'edit' - the edit window appears but it is blank so I have to 'copy' prior to clicking on edit :)

IBJoel
19th Jul 2023, 16:27
Make sure you have accepted cookies, clear your cache, and don't run any blocking software

Ninthace
19th Jul 2023, 22:04
Same here. Quick reply shows an empty box that I cannot type in, I am also unable to edit any posts. Tapping edit gives the box but the post is not in it to edit. I have this problem on 2 PCs running Win10 and Win 11. The problem manifests in Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Chrome and DuckDuckGo browsers. Both computers automatically clear cookies on closing the browser. The forum still works on an iPad running Safari or Firefox.

Ninthace
22nd Jul 2023, 15:03
Problem appears to have been cleared, just edited a post in Firefox

WHBM
22nd Jul 2023, 19:43
Both still current for me, the OP.

Asturias56
23rd Jul 2023, 07:51
Clear all cookies relating to PPrune - this may take a coupleof passes.

then log in and accept all cookies