PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair issues

25F
13th Jul 2023, 21:46
1 - 25F Junior turns 16 between now and the flight date. So I can't use his existing details to buy an adult ticket, because for them he's a teen. Yes it's the same price for this flight (return) but I am not going to risk getting the wrong ticket. They should use the age *at the time of travel* when listing "companions".
2 - Went through the whole purchase process, used the bank validation app, got told "purchase authorised" and then the website said "seats no longer available at that price". Seems a bit cheeky to raise the price *after* card details have been submitted!

PAXboy
13th Jul 2023, 21:49
Ouch. Approximately how long did the complete transaction take? Also, from selecting items to the reject msg?

25F
14th Jul 2023, 02:29
Slightly less than ten minutes from logging on to getting to the final payment message. Much of that consumed with issue 1.

S.o.S.
14th Jul 2023, 07:32
I think that's the worst case that I have heard of. Were you then able to obtain seats, albeit at the higher price?

25F
14th Jul 2023, 17:21
I could have done but it was late and I decided to wait to see if there's another reduction.

Johnny F@rt Pants
15th Jul 2023, 10:44
Try a better airline.

PAXboy
15th Jul 2023, 11:03
Often, FR are the only airline on a city pair. That has been a key part of their success. I also do not choose them first but have had to. Likewsise I do not choose Wiz. But needs must.

25F
16th Jul 2023, 03:18
Exactly. STN to BCN is the only flight that makes sense for us.
I've tried others.