PDA

View Full Version : EASA to UK CAA

Gs_Star
8th Jul 2023, 21:04
Hi all,

I have searched through PPRuNe but couldn't find any information regarding the unrestricted conversion of an EASA ATPL to the UK CAA after January 1, 2023. It has been challenging to receive a proper response from the UK CAA agency due to delayed answers and the issue of them not reading emails correctly. Has anyone already gone through the entire process? What happens after license authentication and obtaining a UK Class 1 medical certificate? Do you simply contact an approved UK CAA ATO to schedule a skill test?

Thank you all :)

deltahotel
9th Jul 2023, 09:15
https://www.caa.co.uk/commercial-industry/pilot-licences/non-uk-licences/third-country-cpl-and-atpl-licence-conversion-requirements-from-1-january-2023/

deltahotel
9th Jul 2023, 09:16
Probably Route 5 or 6

Gs_Star
10th Jul 2023, 05:19
Probably Route 5 or 6
I already know that I need to use 'route 6' in my case, but I am unsure about the procedure to follow. Do I need to obtain approval from the UK CAA, or should I contact an approved ATO to schedule a skill test? (My EASA license has already been authenticated.)

Gs_Star
10th Jul 2023, 18:20
I already know that I need to use 'route 6' in my case, but I am unsure about the procedure to follow. Do I need to obtain approval from the UK CAA, or should I contact an approved ATO to schedule a skill test? (My EASA license has already been authenticated.)

deltahotel
10th Jul 2023, 18:46
Blimey, outside my limits I’m afraid. I guess you’re going to have to speak to an ATO at some point, for renewal training requirements &/or LST - so maybe your chosen ATO might be able to give a bit more clarity? In the meantime press on with Class 1 if you haven’t already. Good luck

deltahotel
10th Jul 2023, 19:41
Just because I had an idle half hour I thought I’d see if I could chase this through from the perspective of a Route 6 applicant with theoretical credits and an existing validation. Took me a while but maybe it’s as simple as completing their online application form - all docs can be uploaded onto this.

https://www.caa.co.uk/commercial-industry/pilot-licences/aeroplanes/airline-transport-pilot-licence-for-aeroplanes/

Again, good luck!

Vulcan444
25th Feb 2024, 18:25
Just found this thread. The only one regarding EASE to UK CAA conversion. Which I am planning to do myself. I was wondering if you’d be able to share how you got on with the conversion? It look like I’ll take route 6 which was the same as you’d suggested. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!