PDA

View Full Version : Stay Signed In

cavuman1
4th Jul 2023, 17:39
After a particular massive update (KB5027293), our Windows 10 Notebook bricked it five days ago. BSOD -BLACK Screen of Death! After three days of coaxing, making deals with God, making pacts with the devil, and uttering a number of particularly offensive scatological phrases, it's alive, though I have had to go back and retrieve myriad settings. One which I cannot find is PPRuNe's "Stay Signed In" checkbox. Would some kind soul direct me to this selection, or at least lend me a more powerful pair of bifocals?

Thanks in advance and Happy Fourth of July to cousins everywhere!

- Ed

Saab Dastard
4th Jul 2023, 17:50
You only see the checkbox when you are logging in - it's "Remember Me?" beside your Username in the Login dialog in the top RH corner.

cavuman1
4th Jul 2023, 18:37
Thank you, Saab Dastard! Yes, despite checking that box, once I have left the site and return, I am forced to sign back in. I now suspect a setting on one of my multiplicit "protection" add-ons and extensions in Firefox 114.0.2 is to blame. Back to the salt mines....

- Ed

IBJoel
5th Jul 2023, 14:44
Most likely you are correct. Login is cookie-based, to my knowledge, so it doesn't play nice with certain add-ons

cavuman1
5th Jul 2023, 17:45
Once again, IBJoel to the rescue! I run Cookie Auto Delete which was nuking all PPRuNe cookies, including the persistence of login chocolate chip. Having given that add-on permission to save this site's cookies solved the problem. Thank you, Sir!

- Ed