View Full Version : Easyjet New Recruitment Campaign

uberfly
3rd Jul 2023, 08:38
New positions open for Spain, Portugal and UK for First Officers. Any info regarding to terms and conditions, roster patter and atmosphere in the company for these 3 different country. Spain is permanent but seasonal contract, Portugal both seasonal and full time.

Thanks for the information in advance. Please no no-sense.

Seosan
3rd Jul 2023, 09:58
New positions open for Spain, Portugal and UK both for Captains and First Officers. Any info regarding to terms and conditions, roster patter and atmosphere in the company for these 3 different country. Spain is permanent but seasonal contract, Portugal both seasonal and full time.

Thanks for the information in advance. Please no no-sense.

UK:
CP: £117,033 + sector pay (£37 per sector, goes up or down based on length of flight) + loyalty bonus (5% 2-4 years at easyJet, 10% 5-9 years, 15% 10+ years)
SFO (2501+ factored hours): £70,957 + sector pay (£22 per sector). No loyalty pay for RHS.
FO: (1251+ factored hours): £57,802 + sector (same as SFO).

ES (not sure if changed since 2021)
8 months on, 4 months off
CP: 75,860 eur + sector + holiday pay + benefits + loyalty pay. Roughly 100k first year all in.
SFO: 40,951 + everything as above. Roughly 55k all in.
FO: 30,210 + above. Roughly 40k all in

The atmosphere is largely fine, vast majority of crew are a pleasure to fly with. We have lost a fair few bodies recently to legacy airlines and the sand pit, as a result everyone is feeling the strain of summer and working high hours, combined with the constant disruption it can be quite fatiguing. If you take a full time base the autumn and winter is generally very pleasant with enough hours to keep you busy but not so much so that you can't recover from the summer onslaught. Training is first class.

737 Jockey
3rd Jul 2023, 10:33
Where do you see Captains positions advertised? I’m only seeing FO positions on easyJet careers site.

uberfly
3rd Jul 2023, 10:53
Where do you see Captains positions advertised? I’m only seeing FO positions on easyJet careers site.

Sorry, my bad. Only for FOs at this moment.

dirk85
3rd Jul 2023, 11:29
UK:
CP: £117,033 + sector pay (£37 per sector, goes up or down based on length of flight) + loyalty bonus (5% 2-4 years at easyJet, 10% 5-9 years, 15% 10+ years)
SFO (2501+ factored hours): £70,957 + sector pay (£22 per sector). No loyalty pay for RHS.

CP: 75,860 eur + sector + holiday pay + benefits + loyalty pay. Roughly 100k first year all in.

The atmosphere is largely fine, vast majority of crew are a pleasure to fly with. We have lost a fair few bodies recently to legacy airlines and the sand pit, as a result everyone is feeling the strain of summer and working high hours, combined with the constant disruption it can be quite fatiguing. If you take a full time base the autumn and winter is generally very pleasant with enough hours to keep you busy but not so much so that you can't recover from the summer onslaught. Training is first class.

An new CLA has been agreed in Spain about a year ago, with decent payrise and other improvements over what you mentioned.
9 months on/3 months off now possible on a volunteer basis, and also 5/4 roster pattern within the months on, at certain conditions.

uberfly
3rd Jul 2023, 12:14
What about seasonal contract in Spain. Is it slightly more than full time contract so you can compensate your loss during these 3 months of none flying? Because only offer for FOs now for Spain is seasonal contract like you mentioned 9 months on 3 months off.

uberfly
3rd Jul 2023, 12:19
UK:

Are we talking about net amounts are before tax? What is the SFO experience criteria for for Spanish bases? Can you still register to queue to change the base to another country after you start?

dirk85
3rd Jul 2023, 12:29
These are gross amounts. The new contract is at least 10% improved, salary wise. The basic should be around 125k euro for a full time spanish Captain, and 68k-ish for a SFO, to be pro-rated depending on the part time contract (8/4 or 9/3). Plus sector payments, loyalty pay and other bonuses. Taxation depends on a lot of things, many variables and tax considerations in Portugal and Spain.
Of course you can change base, if you are keen to move you can expect max 1 year on a seasonal base, and move somewhere else, depending on your license and rights to work in another country.
SFO starts at 2500 factorized hours, but if you join as FO (with let's say 2300 hours) you need at least 24 month in the company to move to the SFO payscale.

SimoFly
3rd Jul 2023, 12:38
Anyone knows the details of the Portuguese contract?

dirk85
3rd Jul 2023, 13:41
In Portugal I believe they are still negotiating the new CLA, but my educated guess is that terms and conditions will not be hugely different from Spain.
In Portugal only FAO is a seasonal base, with OPO and LIS being full time, while in Spain there is a much higher % of seasonal bases (only a few planes in BCN are full time, with AGP, PMI and ALC being 100% seasonal).

a350pilots
3rd Jul 2023, 14:02
Legacy carrier? Most people have been leaving mainly to other easyJet bases within the network in which the T&Cs are much better.
If you are interested in a 5/4 pattern you need to pay for it with 8% basic.

04jharrison
3rd Jul 2023, 18:41
Any whispers of the current hour requirements being dropped? It seems everyone hiring is currently just trying to poach from Ryan or Wizz at the moment. :/

dirk85
3rd Jul 2023, 19:18
The vast majority of new entrants are and will be cadets from CAE, in the last few years only small % have been experienced FOs. But who knows, things might change. They never seem to get the crewing numbers right anyway.

Dct_Mopas
3rd Jul 2023, 21:27
Legacy carrier? Most people have been leaving mainly to other easyJet bases within the network in which the T&Cs are much better.

I believe your experience will be within the EU bases. In the UK a large number of FO’s have been leaving for BA/ Virgin/ Emirates this year. Certainly a higher amount than usual.

Newcomer2
4th Jul 2023, 16:41

Air France alone has taken 200 Easy pilots since last year. Then include the likes of BA, EK,...and the numbers are not insignificant.

Klimax
4th Jul 2023, 21:04
I guess flying in the orange scheme is not that attractive anymore - unless you´re zero to hero cadet.. The path has been laid out!

dirk85
4th Jul 2023, 21:23
The attrition is pretty much only on the right seat, and only to legacy carriers offering a long haul career. Not exactly a fair comparison. I cannot think of another short haul operator in europe I would rather work for, all things considered.

uberfly
12th Jul 2023, 13:15
Any compensation offered for seasonal contract during non-working months?

dirk85
12th Jul 2023, 14:24
In Spain they pay 14k to Cpts and 7k for FOs at the end of the inactivity period for those on 8on/4off, and 12k/6k for those on 9on/3off.
They are negotiating something similar for Portugal on the new cla, but my understanding is that there the annual salary is already split on 14 months also for those on seasonal contracts, unlike Spain.

enzino
27th Jul 2023, 09:24
I am fairly close to command upgrade at my current company. What are the requirements for upgrade at easyJet? I understand there is no seniority list.

samyalg
27th Jul 2023, 16:01
Hello fellas

just applied to Naples base ,would love to hear about the roster , salary and also if it is possible to join EZ straight into SFO payscale assuming we meet the factoured hours requirement ...

TIA

Seosan
28th Jul 2023, 09:27
Hello fellas

just applied to Naples base ,would love to hear about the roster , salary and also if it is possible to join EZ straight into SFO payscale assuming we meet the factoured hours requirement ...

TIA

Yes you go straight onto SFO if you meet the hours requirement. Basic+guaranteed flight pay for SFO is €72,950. Quite a few four sectors out of Naples because everything’s close, quieter than Milan though.

enzino
28th Jul 2023, 09:36
What are the requirements to join as SFO? I assume they use factorised hours to determine ranks.

samyalg
28th Jul 2023, 11:12
Yes you go straight onto SFO if you meet the hours requirement. Basic+guaranteed flight pay for SFO is €72,950. Quite a few four sectors out of Naples because everything’s close, quieter than Milan though.

thanks for the feedback, it's kinda of confusing , cause i contacted some FOs from NAP on LinkedIn and all of them says that you can't join as an SFO from day one.... guess i ll have the clear with the HR team at the assesment centres ?

Is there a difference in the payscale if you are frozen ATPL or full ?

how about roster, can you go straight to 5 4 5 3 from day one ? can you take leave right away ?

last but no least, what s the minimum timelapse to ask for base change ? ( France in my case )

oonce again, thanks so much for your help Seosan

oldkarim
28th Jul 2023, 16:04
Hello fellas

TIA
As italian CLA says, over 3000+ factored hours, you join as FO. To became SFO, you will need 24months as FO in the company. Minimum service in rank

samyalg
29th Jul 2023, 09:53
As italian CLA says, over 3000+ factored hours, you join as FO. To became SFO, you will need 24months as FO in the company. Minimum service in rank

thanks for the heads up

Solenoid
29th Jul 2023, 14:35
What is the price for the type rating?

samyalg
29th Jul 2023, 15:08
What is the price for the type rating?

22000 pounds as per EZ

oldkarim
30th Jul 2023, 06:58
thanks for the feedback, it's kinda of confusing , cause i contacted some FOs from NAP on LinkedIn and all of them says that you can't join as an SFO from day one.... guess i ll have the clear with the HR team at the assesment centres ?

Is there a difference in the payscale if you are frozen ATPL or full ?

how about roster, can you go straight to 5 4 5 3 from day one ? can you take leave right away ?

last but no least, what s the minimum timelapse to ask for base change ? ( France in my case )

oonce again, thanks so much for your help Seosan
no difference at all atpl or not. If you have less than 3000h factored, you join as SO. After 2 years FO, after 2 years more SFO , you will need atpl to be sfo. But if you have less than 3000h that won’t happen before 4 years. Basically you are at the same level of a cadet if you join ezy in Italy with less of that flight time I mentioned
for the first year you have flexible roster.

samyalg
30th Jul 2023, 09:17
no difference at all atpl or not. If you have less than 3000h factored, you join as SO. After 2 years FO, after 2 years more SFO , you will need atpl to be sfo. But if you have less than 3000h that won’t happen before 4 years. Basically you are at the same level of a cadet if you join ezy in Italy with less of that flight time I mentioned
for the first year you have flexible roster.

thanks for your help, i do have 3500 hours factored and fATPL . lets see what the futur holds for me :)

oldkarim
31st Jul 2023, 07:32
thanks for your help, i do have 3500 hours factored and fATPL . lets see what the futur holds for me :)
So good, you will join as FO and after 2 years you will be senior. Good Luck mate!

enzino
31st Jul 2023, 09:43
And to have a shot at upgrade does one need to be a SFO?

ManiRami
31st Jul 2023, 12:29
Hello! Does anybody have any info about the SIM assessment for Type rated First officers?

Giuff
31st Jul 2023, 17:37
And to have a shot at upgrade does one need to be a SFO?

quiet obvious. Not the pink brigade mate.

dirk85
31st Jul 2023, 17:39
Negative, no need to be SFO to upgrade. The rank only relates to pay.
The entry rank depends on the country, every contract is different. With the same hours one can join as SO in a country or SFO in another. And it is possible to upgrade from SO to Cpt, if other criterias are met and if one is willing to move anywhere. Not very likely but not impossible either

Giuff
31st Jul 2023, 17:40
Negative, no need to be SFO to upgrade. The rank only relates to pay.

my bet. Exactly like the pink brigade then, now.
😂

VariablePitchP
31st Jul 2023, 22:21
my bet. Exactly like the pink brigade then, now.
😂

What, basing ability to upgrade on ability rather than amount of cloth woven epaulettes on one’s shoulder. It’ll never catch on! :}

Denti
31st Jul 2023, 22:28
What, basing ability to upgrade on ability rather than amount of cloth woven epaulettes on one’s shoulder. It’ll never catch on! :}
Would be nice if true. But since it all depends on the subjective assessment of the base captain, better have a good relationship with them or change base.

kingdingeling
1st Aug 2023, 13:14
Anyone here that works for easyjet at AMS? I'm interested in what the schedule looks like and time to upgrade without changing base.

a350pilots
1st Aug 2023, 20:10
In Spain they pay 14k to Cpts and 7k for FOs at the end of the inactivity period for those on 8on/4off, and 12k/6k for those on 9on/3off.
They are negotiating something similar for Portugal on the new cla, but my understanding is that there the annual salary is already split on 14 months also for those on seasonal contracts, unlike Spain.

Initially, post Covid nothing was paid during the unemployment period. Pilots went on strike in 2022.

https://simpleflying.com/easyjet-pilot-strike-spain/

Still much lower paid than the old "legacy" contracts back from 2018 when they were desperately recruiting DEC which sees no pay rises since inflation.
They are struggling hard to find people, most FOs from flight school who are getting transfers internally or logging hours to jump ships aggravated by the fact that on seasonal contracts it is very difficult to build hours.

uberfly
16th Aug 2023, 17:23
I believe successful candidates already been offered dates to attend for the assessment for Spanish and Portuguese base. Anybody already been in one?

Duca
16th Oct 2023, 21:00
So in terms of net salary which figures are we talking about in both spain and Portugal?

UberPilot
29th Oct 2023, 16:02
Anyone here that works for easyjet at AMS? I'm interested in what the schedule looks like and time to upgrade without changing base.

AMS has a huge transfer list and very little movement with virtually no chance of base expansion. A new joiner would be unwise to expect to upgrade in base. Transfer list has in excess of 100 names.

midnight cruiser
29th Oct 2023, 19:30
Is it still the case that for Portugal, you don't need to pay for the rating? No go otherwise.

BONES_
30th Oct 2023, 08:47
How long is the queue to join NCE or LYS bases as a RH seat?

uberfly
30th Oct 2023, 16:17
Been there couple of weeks ago, unfortunately I was not able to get selected even though I prepared well. I am trying to be critical to myself and find the areas to improve. However it is hard to guess what part or parts I did not perform well or which specific areas I should pay attention for the future. I would really appreciate your help and advises.

wanna
30th Oct 2023, 18:42
Been there couple of weeks ago, unfortunately I was not able to get selected even though I prepared well. I am trying to be critical to myself but and find the areas to improve. However it is hard to guess what part or parts I did not perform well or which specific areas I should pay attention for the future. I would really appreciate your help and advises.

Contact them for Feedback, as a industry we revolve around critique and feedback so would be surprised if an airline like Easy wouldn't be able to provide it.

uberfly
30th Oct 2023, 18:52
Contact them for Feedback, as a industry we revolve around critique and feedback so would be surprised if an airline like Easy wouldn't be able to provide it.

They are strictly not providing feedback (Due to the large volume of candidates), which was told during assessment day and also with e-mail where outcome of the day were communicated.

BarryMG
30th Oct 2023, 19:53
Not providing feedback has nothing to do with volume, and is not limited to easyJet or aviation in general - no major corporation will ever provide it. The reasoning is that if they don't tell you the reason, then nobody can accuse them of mistakes, discrimination etc.

dirk85
31st Oct 2023, 01:08
How long is the queue to join NCE or LYS bases as a RH seat?

Currently 6/12 months roughly, for either base, but things can change.

BONES_
31st Oct 2023, 09:19
Currently 6/12 months roughly, for either base, but things can change.

Grazie mille. I have my induction mid-February, I am tentatively trying to predict where I might be sent: during interview stage I was asked to name 3 base preferences, hence my question (the other one being MXP). Realistically I expect Spain

BarryMG
31st Oct 2023, 13:20
What about LH? Also TLS

flyboy146
31st Oct 2023, 20:08
Grazie mille. I have my induction mid-February, I am tentatively trying to predict where I might be sent: during interview stage I was asked to name 3 base preferences, hence my question (the other one being MXP). Realistically I expect Spain

Out of interest, why were you not told of your base at the point of contract offer? Surely the contract includes permanent base?

BONES_
31st Oct 2023, 20:50
Out of interest, why were you not told of your base at the point of contract offer? Surely the contract includes permanent base?

Because I have only recently passed selection. And base allocation with an appropriate (local) contract will follow later

dirk85
1st Nov 2023, 10:41

Italy, especially mxp, is not unlikely as a new entrant, and yes, portugal and spain also a possibility

dirk85
1st Nov 2023, 10:44
What about LH? Also TLS

DEC in France? No way. Especially TLS that have not done very well in the last few years. Waiting lists in all the italian/french bases. If any DEC were to happen it would be Portugal and or Spain, most likely seasonal (part time)

BarryMG
1st Nov 2023, 12:29
DEC in France? No way. Especially TLS that have not done very well in the last few years. Waiting lists in all the italian/french bases. If any DEC were to happen it would be Portugal and or Spain, most likely seasonal (part time)
Oh, I realize it wouldn't be DEC, I was asking more what would be the time on a waiting list for a DEC joining somewhere else.

dirk85
2nd Nov 2023, 00:06
Oh, I realize it wouldn't be DEC, I was asking more what would be the time on a waiting list for a DEC joining somewhere else.

Not easy to tell, but with the rules on commands/transfers about to change, it could be a while. A lot are leaving to AF, including SFOs about to upgrade, but France has not grown much in the last few years, and zero turnover on the lh seat. Things have started to move in France only since one year or so, since covid, but no transfers of Captains yet as far as I know.

IESS
8th Nov 2023, 04:54
What kind of contract EZ offer in terms of employment?
are those according to local employment laws or outsourced via a 3rd party?
asking in terms of one’s SS and tax obligations, specifically for Iberia intakes

R T Jones
8th Nov 2023, 07:25
There’s no third party contracts or weird tax arrangements at easyjet these days. All contracts are local ones.

BONES_
24th Nov 2023, 17:25
Italy, especially mxp, is not unlikely as a new entrant, and yes, portugal and spain also a possibility

Following on, I have been given a Spanish seasonal base with line training to be conducted somewhere else beforehand.

And finally, yes: MXP can happen for new entrants. One of us got it.

The rest of my cohort I know of got LIS (3), FAO (2), AGP (1), ALC (5) and PMI (1) Few lucky gits managed AMS (1), MXP (1) or VCE (1).

I hope this info might help

Duca
24th Nov 2023, 22:15
Following on, I have been given a Spanish seasonal base with line training to be conducted somewhere else beforehand.

And finally, yes: MXP can happen for new entrants. One of us got it.

The rest of my cohort I know of got LIS (3), FAO (2), AGP (1), ALC (5) and PMI (1) Few lucky gits managed AMS (1), MXP (1) or VCE (1).

I hope this info might help
Which preference did you indicate? Are you permanently employed?

cadet7000
25th Nov 2023, 07:57
Anyone know the prospects of getting BER base as a RHS new join? Also what the waiting list might be for transfer?
cheers

BONES_
25th Nov 2023, 07:58
Which preference did you indicate? Are you permanently employed?

Good morning Duca,

I asked for Italian bases. Unfortunately they were already filled up so I got ALC instead.

The deal is fine and clear. easyJet is doing it the proper way: no self employed, no shortcuts, no shady conditions etc; and of course it includes all social contributions, benefits etc. Anyway, it’s a 75% contract (9 months on, 3 off) but with a renumeration package of about 92%, including contributions (effectively a salary) during time off.

Yes, it is a permanent contract. Meaning I will return to work after the 3 months off. But my plan is to bid for a new base after line check. I personally don’t mind the 75% contract - I’m quite happy with that but I am not the biggest fan of ALC. In fact I would have been much happier with AGP.

Duca
25th Nov 2023, 11:31
Good morning Duca,

I asked for Italian bases. Unfortunately they were already filled up so I got ALC instead.

The deal is fine and clear. easyJet is doing it the proper way: no self employed, no shortcuts, no shady conditions etc; and of course it includes all social contributions, benefits etc. Anyway, it’s a 75% contract (9 months on, 3 off) but with a renumeration package of about 92%, including contributions (effectively a salary) during time off.

Yes, it is a permanent contract. Meaning I will return to work after the 3 months off. But my plan is to bid for a new base after line check. I personally don’t mind the 75% contract - I’m quite happy with that but I am not the biggest fan of ALC. In fact I would have been much happier with AGP.
All right man thanks. Do you know if they use some sort of criteria to assign bases?

BONES_
25th Nov 2023, 14:18
All right man thanks. Do you know if they use some sort of criteria to assign bases?

eh bella domanda. If there were a method or defined criteria to assign base… well, I am definitely not aware of!

BONES_
25th Nov 2023, 20:14
Hi,
You will not receive a permanent contract but a 'fijo-discotinuo" contract. Basically, for the 3 months, you will be unemployed but you can ask for unemployment benefits if eligible by the Spanish State (SEPE). Check following for the meaning:
https://www.wolterskluwer.com/es-es/expert-insights/contrato-fijo-discontinuo-que-es-como-gestionarlo
You will not receive 92% of your salary but 6k before you will be made unemployed, which they call it 'unemployment support allowance'.

This is what I understood after talking to a SEPLA rep and defined in my contract: “permanent seasonal contact 9 on / 3 off”.

I also understand and know for a fact that everyone (I know of) with that contract has been re-called back; with regards to the 92%, it works out roughly that: 6k gross from EJU plus state/regional allowance. All together working out roughly that (I had the contract checked. Plus it’s online available on BOE).

Not brilliant, sure: of course I would have preferred a 100% contract in one of my 3 choices. But I’m happy enough for now. As I said before, my plan is to join a base transfer list on completion of line check.

snoopy24
29th Nov 2023, 16:59
Anyone know the prospects of getting BER base as a RHS new join? Also what the waiting list might be for transfer?
cheers

The chances for BER base as a RHS new joiner are very low, as quite a few FO's are waiting to return to BER, who where forced to leave the base during the redundancy waves of the last years.

Mustang_67
25th Feb 2024, 07:24
UK:

Do you perhaps have an idea of the salary of a new cadet Second Officer with easyJet U.K.?

speedrestriction
26th Feb 2024, 19:38
Do you perhaps have an idea of the salary of a new cadet Second Officer with easyJet U.K.?

£48,900. No sector pay. Union negotiations ongoing.

Mustang_67
26th Feb 2024, 20:39
£48,900. No sector pay. Union negotiations ongoing.

Thanks for responding, couldn’t find it anywhere. How long have negotiations been going on for?

dhc1180
27th Feb 2024, 04:37
Thanks for responding, couldn’t find it anywhere. How long have negotiations been going on for?

Since November and it’s dragging on. A strike isn’t out of the equation.

New_Pilot
6th Mar 2024, 08:56
Hello All,

Does anyone know if EasyJet might be recruiting again in the UK this year?

Thanks and good luck!

bonzy
8th Mar 2024, 21:09
Is the FO salary still below the market in the UK? Or have they increased the package to compete with Jet 2?

dhc1180
9th Mar 2024, 04:45
Is the FO salary still below the market in the UK? Or have they increased the package to compete with Jet 2?

Currently it’s still well below jet2. Pay talks are in process at the moment, but large numbers of FO’s leaving for BA, particularly from LGW and LTN. Northern bases are seeing a number of FO’s leave for J2. Some also going to EK.

Bobsmith3443
10th Mar 2024, 10:40
Currently it’s still well below jet2. Pay talks are in process at the moment, but large numbers of FO’s leaving for BA, particularly from LGW and LTN. Northern bases are seeing a number of FO’s leave for J2. Some also going to EK.
Most new fos are leaving for jet 2 and ba

Sjef van Oekel
10th Mar 2024, 19:32
Is sector pay taxed in the UK at easy?

R T Jones
11th Mar 2024, 07:25
Yes it is.

LOCGS
28th Mar 2024, 19:28
Looks ever increasingly that easyJet UK will strike at some point this year. BALPA rejected a 12.5% pay rise for this April, with another 2.25% from Oct 24 and then CPI+1% from Apr 25. With the company seeking a government mediator over negotiations.

dhc1180
29th Mar 2024, 11:28
We need to strike after years of being treated with thinly veiled distain. I hope other pilots actually have the balls to go through with a strike however and don’t just roll over. This pay deal is being typical drawn over a ridiculous amount of time whilst the CEO bangs on about netting 1 billion this year. All after his CFO admitted in an interview he’s was glad to have secured a below inflation pay deal post Covid and referred to all crew as cost buckets. That’s fine. Don’t give us what’s fair, in a cost of living crisis when you want your massive profits, then we’ll strike. Goodbye pocket lining!

mrguy
24th Apr 2024, 07:36
Has a pay deal been agreed? No skin in the game, just interested.

CaptainOrange
24th Apr 2024, 08:01
This pay deal is being typical drawn over a ridiculous amount of time whilst the CEO bangs on about netting 1 billion this year.

This is not correct. I’m 100% against how the company is dealing with this but stick to facts when posting here about your own(?) employer.
What the board and senior management has communicated to the market is “medium-term targets with the ambition to deliver >£1bn PBT”.
If that was the target for this year it would mean more than doubling profit this year from 2023 numbers.

All after his CFO admitted in an interview he’s was glad to have secured a below inflation pay deal post Covid and referred to all crew as cost buckets. That’s fine. Don’t give us what’s fair, in a cost of living crisis when you want your massive profits, then we’ll strike. Goodbye pocket lining!

This 100% but also, it’s the CFOs job keep costs down, to balance costs and deliver profits. BALPA’s job, and other unions involved for other groups of employees, is to look after the interests of easyJet pilots in the UK and to act as a counterweight to the company’s mission to increase profits.

A320 Glider
24th Apr 2024, 13:59
The problem with easyJet is that they have never recovered from their ridiculous COVID plan (even to this very day I type this).

When COVID hit, the majority of airlines did execute great plans to protect the business.
However, easyJet went too far into defense mode and now they are struggling in the wake of post-COVID return of demand.

easyJet was thriving pre-COVID.
They are now a mere shadow of what they once were.

I pray that one day Stelios will return to the helm and bring back that much orange spirit!

SimoFly
24th Apr 2024, 14:16
At a pilots career news they said
"expect the recruitment campaign for 2025 to open in few weeks time"

Now I understand the reason for the delay..

CaptainOrange
24th Apr 2024, 15:12
The problem with easyJet is that they have never recovered from their ridiculous COVID plan

easyJet was thriving pre-COVID.
They are now a mere shadow of what they once were.

In FY 2019 easyJet made £427m in PBT with a load factor of 91.5% and a fleet of 331 aircraft.

In FY 2023 eayJet made £455m in PBT with a load factor of 89% and a fleet of 336 aircraft.

The company is far from perfect, but “A mere shadow of what they once were”?

JliderPilot
24th Apr 2024, 17:49
Maybe they don’t own as many aircraft anymore. The share price has taken a massive hit as well. Certainly not the same level of cash and reserves it used to have. Good to see the profit though.

CaptainOrange
24th Apr 2024, 20:32
Take any of the large European airlines and groups, LH, AF/KLM, IAG, easyJet etc and check share price performance over past 5 years. They are currently all down by about 55-65% over that timeframe. The only ones sticking out are Wizz, at around 40% down, and RYR that is actually up by about 75% in the same period.

1pudding1
25th Apr 2024, 05:54
Goddammit! Would you stop letting facts get in the way of their narrative! Spoilsport :p

corporal klinger
25th Apr 2024, 12:18
LH is up 60% past 5 years.

CaptainOrange
25th Apr 2024, 13:51
LH is up 60% past 5 years.

5 years ago LH sp was almost €16 and now it’s €6.64.

Sharklet7
25th Apr 2024, 20:46
At a pilots career news they said
"expect the recruitment campaign for 2025 to open in few weeks time"

Now I understand the reason for the delay..
I was told recruitment would open again in "Spring" can we expect this opening any time soon?

corporal klinger
25th Apr 2024, 21:17
5 years ago LH sp was almost €16 and now it’s €6.64.

You are correct, I looked up the wrong company

Duca
26th Apr 2024, 05:02
I was told recruitment would open again in "Spring" can we expect this opening any time soon?
Lots of F/O left to go to AF EK… and ezy’s main intake is from mpl program but I think they will keep hiring a small percentage of pilots outside of it.

Hugaan
29th Apr 2024, 19:37
Hi all,

I was willing to know if a transfer from Easyjet UK (any UK base) was still possible to Easyjet Europe, and preferably, Easyjet Switzerland ? Living close to GVA base, it would be the best option for me but for the time being, no recruitment is expected for Easyjet Switzerland. Hence my question.

many thx in advance.

SimoFly
29th Apr 2024, 23:37
Hi all,

I was willing to know if a transfer from Easyjet UK (any UK base) was still possible to Easyjet Europe, and preferably, Easyjet Switzerland ? Living close to GVA base, it would be the best option for me but for the time being, no recruitment is expected for Easyjet Switzerland. Hence my question.

many thx in advance.

That's not the information I got from the recruitment team at the pilot career event.
I guess things have changed then,
I would not be surprised if they don't even need pilots anymore.

Hugaan
30th Apr 2024, 06:41
Thx for your input. That needs to be confirmed then.
what about transfer protocoles from UK to other bases then ?

SimoFly
30th Apr 2024, 12:19
applications are now open for UK, FARO seasonal and Spain seasonal contracts.
Not sure which would be the best between Spanish and Portuguese seasonal contracts, it is very hard to find current info...

Hearmenow
30th Apr 2024, 12:25
What’s the odds for a RHS at BHX? Is there a long list of pilots wanting to transfer to the base? Thanks

Comet22
30th Apr 2024, 17:53
I know a few people who are just starting out as second officers who are going straight into BHX. I'm not sure how long there will be spaces though.

M33
30th Apr 2024, 19:15
Well done easyJet, another low point.

easyJet prioritises the well-being and fulfilment of its pilots, offering a range of benefits designed to enhance their professional and personal lives. These include:

only operate for 9 months each year, 3 months off over the winter

Apply now and embark on a journey filled with new challenges

Initial Training Overview

Non-Type Rated Co-Pilots will complete a self-funded A320 Type Rating cost of approximately £22,000 (the exact cost will be confirmed at point of offer).

WTF

Comet22
30th Apr 2024, 19:21
And also the contract is dependent on passing the type rating. I've heard of people getting "released" for not hitting the grade during type rating.

Mikith
1st May 2024, 05:50
Hi !
Here is a new telegram group for discussing any topic regarding the EasyJet selection
we are starting from scratch do not hesitate to share the link :

https://t.me/+AsMVZkNNiF5lODJk

See you soon

dirk85
1st May 2024, 07:05
And also the contract is dependent on passing the type rating. I've heard of people getting "released" for not hitting the grade during type rating.

Like every company in the world, rightfully so

dirk85
1st May 2024, 07:06
Hi all,

many thx in advance.

If you have the right to live and work in EU and an EASA license, you can transfer without problems, especially as an FO. Same in Switzerland.

dirk85
1st May 2024, 07:10
applications are now open for UK, FARO seasonal and Spain seasonal contracts.
Not sure which would be the best between Spanish and Portuguese seasonal contracts, it is very hard to find current info...

Spanish and Portugal seasonal contracts are fairly similar, it’s down to where you prefer to live. As an FO you are unlikely to spend there more than one season anyway, if you want to move to another base in the network

SimoFly
1st May 2024, 15:19
are the actual conditions for the seasonal contracts in Spain and Portugal present online? some sort of spreadsheet with the salary elements

LOWI
3rd May 2024, 17:34
As an FO you are unlikely to spend there more than one season anyway, if you want to move to another base in the network

According to my sources, easyJet really need FOs in Spain and Portugal. I can't see them moving you after just a year unless they intend to downsize those bases.

dirk85
4th May 2024, 15:09
According to my sources, easyJet really need FOs in Spain and Portugal. I can't see them moving you after just a year unless they intend to downsize those bases.

You are wrong, they always need FOs in Spain and Portugal, yet everybody that wants to change base will do it in no more than a year, a year and a half. Captain side is different.
The moving pilots are simply replaced by new hires.
In the last two years they sent hundreds of cadets to those countries, and they eventually all got the base they wanted.

Denti
4th May 2024, 16:42
There are FO shortages on many EU bases, so moving around is fairly easy and fast. For captains it is quite different. Although even there it is easy enough to get out of seasonal bases.

Brexoff
4th May 2024, 16:53
EasyJet UK

Does everyone join as a SO in the UK regardless of hours or can you join as an FO if you have the hours?
(I have 2000TT / 1200+ factorised)

FunFlyin
4th May 2024, 19:54
You join depending on where you are factored I believe

juris
5th May 2024, 08:21

Any idea about CPTs? Any chance of hiring DEC in the near future?

dirk85
5th May 2024, 08:59
Any idea about CPTs? Any chance of hiring DEC in the near future?

Hard to tell, things can of course change but right now the internal upgrades seem to be enough. Growth is limited and the turnover on the left seat is very low

CaptainOrange
5th May 2024, 13:30
Max fleet size next year adds almost 30 aircraft to current fleet though so a lot can happen over coming 6-12 months.

MCT SET
5th May 2024, 17:49
Max fleet size next year adds almost 30 aircraft to current fleet though so a lot can happen over coming 6-12 months.
is this for whole airline or just UK?

CaptainOrange
5th May 2024, 19:25
Entire operation.

Hearmenow
6th May 2024, 09:35
What’s the CU opportunities like one you meet the requirements? Especially if there’s not much movement from the LHS? Thanks

dirk85
6th May 2024, 10:00
What’s the CU opportunities like one you meet the requirements? Especially if there’s not much movement from the LHS? Thanks

You are still behind all the other FOs with the requirements. Assuming you have a perfect training record and that you follow timely all
the hoops, I would count on at least 2 years. That is if you are willing to take the command in any base where they might need.
In the last couple of years the company is running 200-ish upgrades per year

tcrs
8th May 2024, 22:32
Hey guys,
Does anyone knows how much time it would take on average to get a move to the Lisbon base as an FO after joining the company? Is the transfer list long?
And upgrading from FO to CPT would it be easy to maintain the Lisbon base?
Thank you.

Redmo
9th May 2024, 12:22
Hey guys,
Does anyone knows how much time it would take on average to get a move to the Lisbon base as an FO after joining the company? Is the transfer list long?
And upgrading from FO to CPT would it be easy to maintain the Lisbon base?
Thank you.

Can't give concrete figures but Lisbon wouldn't be seen as a particularly desirable base. You can put your name on the list to transfer the day you pass your line check and you should be able to transfer within 9 months. Portugal and Spain are where all the new captains go so again it should be much easier to stay there than go somewhere in France or Italy

dirk85
9th May 2024, 17:54
As an FO you can go anywhere, especially Portugal, but also France and Italy, within 1 year, easily.

20th May 2024, 08:07
Hi All,

I am a Australian CASA ATPL-A (FO jet time >50t, multi crew exp PIC in turbo props, 5000 hours total). I dont have a CAA or EASA license.......yet..... Coming hiome to spend time with my elderly mother.

I have applied for the DEFO NTR position as advertised on their website. I am a UK citizen.

What are my chances of being successful re the license not being CAA or EASA. Will EasyJet let me fly for 12 months using the exemption for third-party license conversions? Has anyone heard of this being done. So yes, I will need to complete the 14 ATPL exams, a flight test and a medical within the 12 month exemption period.

Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks