PDA

View Full Version : CASA Part 61T FIR limitation

pt12157
1st Jul 2023, 05:18
Hi everyone

I have a little confused trying to interpret Part61 T hoping to get some advice.
It said when 61.1246 (2) The holder of grade 3 training endorsement is authorised to pilot an aircraft in the exercise of the privileges of the endorsement only by day under VFR.
However, if I have instrument rating training endorsement as well, am I able to teach IFR? As I am now using my FIR-IRTE privileges.

Also, under 61.1175 (6) flight review can be done by G1/G2/ the training endorsement requirement to conduct flight training for that rating.
But under CAAP 5.81-01V2 5.1.1 5.1.1
A flight review in an aeroplane may be conducted by:
− a Grade One aeroplane flight instructor who holds an endorsement for the
aeroplane;
− a Grade Two aeroplane flight instructor who holds an endorsement for the
aeroplane, has 400 hours of instructional experience and has the written approval
of a chief flying instructor to conduct a flight review;
− an ATO who holds an endorsement for the aeroplane; or
− a CASA FOI who holds an endorsement for the aeroplane.

Which the CAAP seems to have conflict information with Part61T

Cheers

Duck Pilot
1st Jul 2023, 06:27
Read AC 61-07 v1.0

pt12157
2nd Jul 2023, 05:56
Thanks

evilducky
3rd Jul 2023, 11:35
The CAAP is based on CAR 5 which for the most part doesn’t exist now CASR 61 is in force. The AC 61 series is the place to look for answers.

The limitations issue for holders of a FIR G3 is broadly misunderstood. The limitations associated with a Grade 3 training endorsement only apply while exercising the privileges of that endorsement, I.e. conducting ab-initio training. If you have FIR IR and are conducting instrument rating training, you are not exercising the privileges of a G3 endorsement, the related limitations do not apply.