PDA

View Full Version : BM Diamond Club

SpringHeeledJack
30th Jun 2023, 06:58
I have somewhere a fair few British Midland Diamond Club points and I'd like to redeem them in some way. I remember the programme was merged with BA some years back and with the passing of time I'm left wondering what to do. Yes, I realise I can get searching on the web, but was hoping for some of the classic road-warriors to have personal experience to impart. Any pointers appreciated.

Asturias56
30th Jun 2023, 08:23
who were British Midland? ;)

ZFT
30th Jun 2023, 08:52
who were British Midland? ;)

A decent UK carrier within Star Alliance:ok:

davidjohnson6
30th Jun 2023, 09:58
Was or is there a clause somewhere in the legal docs allowing either BM or a successor airline to expire miles off if there was no activity (or insufficient activity as determined by whatever means the airline may choose) on an account for maybe 3 years ?

Asturias56
30th Jun 2023, 11:58
I'm not sure they've ever been legally binding item - people change the terms and value of them all the time - like Green Stamps

Captivep
5th Jul 2023, 12:03
The Diamond club was incorporated into the BA Executive scheme in September 2012 with points and status being ported across then.

I think that the BA scheme requires some activity (points in or out) within a rolling 18 month period so I suspect that yours are long gone, I'm afraid...

Mr Mac
6th Jul 2023, 21:39
SHJ
Sorry to impart bad news, but you are a little late to the party on this one as others have said.

I would say BM Diamond Service was by far the best UK based carrier service of the time. I used to use them out of Manchester to Chicago on a regular basis and occasionally Washington when working for another business in early 2000,s .

Cheers
Mr Mac

S.o.S.
7th Jul 2023, 10:44
I only ever used BD on domestic services but they were good - both cabins. It was a great pity that they and VS could never come to an agreement.

SpringHeeledJack
7th Jul 2023, 11:38
Thanks to all who have responded. It seems, by consensus that the points are pointless, which is a shame. Out of interest, wasn't there some UK legislation in the last years that curtailed some of the bad-practices concerning store card/points/vouchers from being made null and void after a time deemed short by consumers ?

Ah yes, BM....great airline. I flew with them extensively, both domestically and all over Europe with nothing but good experiences, especially in the DC-9's that were like pocket-rockets! I never got to try their long-haul product, but that also seemed satisfactory.

PAXboy
7th Jul 2023, 15:50
Any regulations brought in, will always have a way for the corporate to work their way around them. As we all know, the favoured route is to promote collecting the points but then to devalue them by changing the redemption rate. Adverts always promote the earning rate but not the redemption. There are many examples...