PDA

View Full Version : Barclays BA cabin upgrade vouchers

Twelve Bar Blues
29th Jun 2023, 10:06
Has anyone experienced this problem or indeed have a solution?

I have three valid Barclays BA cabin upgrade vouchers.

They can be used to upgrade by one cabin for one person on one return journey or……

Upgrade two people by one cabin on a one way journey

I’m trying to use TWO vouchers for two people on one return journey….

With it so far?

I follow the website booking process and get to the screen where I have to select the vouchers I wish to use but the website will only allow me to tick one box!

I’ve been unable to find anyone to help me at BA, somewhat ironic as I drove their jets for over thirty years !

Anyone?

Thanks.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x1504/img_0752_883fef95b5ea00e45ed375f181c9085ff5517189.png

S.o.S.
29th Jun 2023, 16:17
Hello Twelve Bar Blues and welcome to the Cabin. I think that I can say that is a new variant on the delight that is BA internet and technology experience ... I hope that another Pax will be along soon with an answer.

V_2
30th Jun 2023, 07:46
Can you not use 1 voucher to upgrade the outbound for two, and then log back in and select another voucher to upgrade the inbound?

Asturias56
30th Jun 2023, 08:22
They're never going to make it easy to reclaim anything I'm afraid................

Twelve Bar Blues
30th Jun 2023, 09:23
Can you not use 1 voucher to upgrade the outbound for two, and then log back in and select another voucher to upgrade the inbound?

Could do, or make a separate return booking for each passenger. My concern is that in between making the first and second bookings the availability changes so I could end up not getting back on my flight of choice or a second discounted seat is no longer available after the first booking is made…….as mentioned I have thirty + years of BA IT systems🙄
The screen shot clearly shows that two vouchers can be used so I’d really rather have both passengers on one booking with one booking reference.
But thanks for the suggestion.

Asturias56
30th Jun 2023, 09:32
A friend who redeems her multiple QANTAS vouchers always does it at some time when the good people of Australia are abed - like 03:00 local - to avoid that issue. You can pick a time when the only people likely to be on line are in Easter Island or Christmas Island

Twelve Bar Blues
30th Jun 2023, 09:54
Again, good suggestion, thank you…….but the specific number of seats available is not always indicated so I might inadvertently buy the last one before the “computer says no”

Isn't this fun 😀

blind pew
30th Jun 2023, 16:45
12 bar with your pension especially if you had crystallised I would have thought you could fly with a proper carrier..we did Singapore business with Turkish in February/March and besides a blizzard and two earthquakes in IST it was like first class in the 80s.

Asturias56
30th Jun 2023, 16:50
If its long haul you can get much better fares if you go from AMS, or CDG business class on all airlines

Twelve Bar Blues
1st Jul 2023, 05:46
12 bar with your pension especially if you had crystallised I would have thought you could fly with a proper carrier..That’s some leap from Bonus vouchers to inaccurate assumptions about my personal pension arrangements, also not sure what you mean by a “proper carrier”…..didn’t you pass the BA interview then?

Asturias 56, I’m aware of the economy to be had from flying from other European hubs rather than London, thanks for the suggestion, but my original question was purely about a technical issue with the BA website which meant it was difficult to take advantage of promotional offer from my bank. I’m a regular passenger these days paying just like everyone else as staff travel is not to be relied on.

I’m guessing Blind Pew has never used staff concessions, sales, accepted an upgrade or any other kind of promotional offer as he’s so judgemental of my efforts to use a couple of vouchers to get a bit of a bonus on one journey.

It’s been several years since I posted on PPRUNE, I now remember why.

Asturias56
1st Jul 2023, 07:21
Well it can be a bit rough but its still a great source of help TBH

S.o.S.
1st Jul 2023, 09:45
I am VERY annoyed that a professional pilot, who has visited the Cabin for advice, has been treated in a way that we see in other airline forums.

This Cabin used to be full of rough nonsense and I am glad that they have left for other destinations. I try to make newcomers welcome. If you are going to make comments about, in this case former employers - then be sure to add emoji's to indicate that you are joking. Bear in mind that Twelve Bar Blues may have driven aircraft with us, our family and friends on board. I trust that he will feel able to return for other conversations.

Take this as a warning.

TBB I have not banked with Barclays and do not know the rewards that they offer.

Twelve Bar Blues
1st Jul 2023, 10:41
Thank you SOS. As Arnie said “I’’ll be back” 😊

Twelve Bar Blues
11th Jul 2023, 15:53
If anyone is interested I’ve just made a successful booking using my upgrade vouchers and Avios points by phone. Unexpectedly easy, thanks again for all the suggestions. The number is 0344 493 0747 then just pick the correct option for your particular Avios enquiry.

Ancient Observer
18th Jul 2023, 12:46
Thanks for the update.
Nice to know that BA still uses phones, given how difficult their IT can be...............

BAEC forum on flyertalk might have been more helpful. (Or not).

Twelve Bar Blues
26th Jul 2023, 17:45
That's actually where I got my answer !

25F
26th Jul 2023, 23:13
SOS your efforts are appreciated. The SLF forum *should* IMO be accessible to all, no matter how trivial the question. That queries are often answered by knowledgeable industry professionals (of all sorts, not just the "drivers" :)) is a bonus. Again, to them, my thanks.
Having had posts deleted without warning or explanation in other pprune forums over the years my policy now is to start here - if a mod thinks that it should be somewhere else then that's great, it's had their stamp of approval.