PDA

View Full Version : Hyperthyroidism and Initial Examination.

blackandwhitee
26th Jun 2023, 03:41
Hi all, firstly sorry if my English is not good because it’s not my first language. I really want to know more information and I would be most grateful for any advice from you, I come from a developing country so it’s very hard for me to seek out any advice from any AME.

My dream is to become a commercial pilot and I was given a sponsorship from an airline to study to be a pilot, unfortunately, I have been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism (Grave’s disease) for 6 years. Therefore, I have never felt confident and stable about my situation.

When I am in stable euthyroid condition, my health is still OK with normal heart rates and normal blood pressure. However, My thyroid sometimes fluctuated. I wonder whether I have any chance to get 1st class medical certificate.

Do you know any case like me who gets 1st class medical certificate? In the next few months, I have the opportunity to go to the UK for a year, I really want to meet an AME to do a test for a medical certificate and study for PPL. Which documents do I need to prepare for AME for their reference? Thank all of you so much and look forward to your advice.