PDA

View Full Version : Southampton

autoland12feet
25th Jun 2023, 07:34
TUI have acquired 3 new Embraer 195 E2 specifically to operate from Antwerp to holiday destinations. Antwerp runway length 1500m !!!!!!!

Sotonsean
25th Jun 2023, 13:19
TUI are just replacing their Embraer 195s at Antwerp with the new generation variant. TUI have based their Embraer 195s at Antwerp for several years so nothing new.

What this has to do with Southampton totally alludes me 🙄

FYI..... there is already a long standing Southampton Airport thread which as a new member you should have searched for before starting a new one.

I'm sure that this post will eventually be migrated into the main Southampton thread by admin but I wouldn't be surprised if it was deleted due to the fact that it has absolutely nothing to do with Southampton Airport.

LTNman
25th Jun 2023, 14:09
What this has to do with Southampton totally alludes me

The clue will be the Southampton runway length and the fact that the poster considers this new aircraft could make a difference and open up new route options. A bit of understanding to a new poster would be in order rather than criticism.

SKOJB
25th Jun 2023, 14:23
Understand where this poster is coming from, just that it should have been added to the ongoing thread instead

SWBKCB
25th Jun 2023, 14:35
Maybe TUI consider Antwerp an important market? :ok:

rog747
25th Jun 2023, 17:28
Maybe TUI consider Antwerp an important market? :ok:

TUI Netherlands (was ArkeFly) is a separate entity to TUI - Yes, the Dutch holiday market flying from their own regional airports is very positive, RTM ANR GRQ EIN MST and LEY in the future

As such ANR would have no interest for TUI Airways (UK), plus I cannot see that the UK airline would go for a small standalone obscure fleet just to serve say, a future SOU and SEN base...
It might have in days gone past but not nowadays.

Sotonsean
25th Jun 2023, 21:30
TUI Netherlands (was ArkeFly) is a separate entity to TUI - Yes, the Dutch holiday market flying from their own regional airports is very positive, RTM ANR GRQ EIN MST and LEY in the future

As such ANR would have no interest for TUI Airways (UK), plus I cannot see that the UK airline would go for a small standalone obscure fleet just to serve say, a future SOU and SEN base...
It might have in days gone past but not nowadays.

Your last comments was the reason for why I said this has nothing to do with Southampton.

The sooner this thread is deleted the better as there is already a long standing Southampton thread.