PDA

View Full Version : Logging on to read JB threads

Sue Vêtements
24th Jun 2023, 20:56
I have to log on to read JB threads

First World Problem(tm) I know, but it's still a PitA - any chance that barrier could be removed?

Sea Plane Driver
24th Jun 2023, 21:47

First World Problem(tm) I know, but it's still a PitA - any chance that barrier could be removed?

Welcome to the club.
Some of us 25 year veterans have the same problems after we got banned by some sensitive little moderator we had to start over again with a new identity. :ooh:

Senior Pilot
25th Jun 2023, 07:39

You have no restrictions attached to your username, I'm not sure I understand your problem?

Senior Pilot
25th Jun 2023, 07:42
Welcome to the club.
Some of us 25 year veterans have the same problems after we got banned by some sensitive little moderator we had to start over again with a new identity. :ooh:

Same for you, there are no restrictions on this Username. If you were Access Masked in a previous life and want it sorted then please sent me a PM with details and I'll try to sort it out 👍

Asturias56
25th Jun 2023, 08:05
Oddly I've had the same issue for years - I thought it was just the owners wanted to shield sensitive young minds from the Wild West of Jet Blast if they were innocently passing by.

In my case don't bother to change it :ok:

Senior Pilot
25th Jun 2023, 08:19
Oddly I've had the same issue for years - I thought it was just the owners wanted to shield sensitive young minds from the Wild West of Jet Blast if they were innocently passing by.

In my case don't bother to change it :ok:
As with the others, there are no restrictions on your access with this username.

Less Hair
25th Jun 2023, 08:38
Have the same issue. Sometimes I'd love to have a short look on the go without the usual device and without wanting to log in from it.

Expatrick
25th Jun 2023, 08:59

Yes, I think it's an IB policy thing (seen it elsewhere).

SLXOwft
26th Jun 2023, 20:30
Senior Pilot explained this before. https://www.pprune.org/pprune-problems-queries/648632-log-before-being-able-see-jet-blast.html#post11288560

Yes: Internet Brands have let us know that they require all off-topic forums to be restricted to logged in registered members only. The reason is to stop Google crawler bots from reading it and dinging us: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...o-know/462610/ (https://www.searchenginejournal.com/googles-helpful-content-update-rolls-out-7-things-to-know/462610/)

Sorry but IB failed to advise our Mod group until a couple of hours ago, otherwise we would have let you know sooner. Regardless, it won’t affect your ability to visit JB, etc, as registered members.

Saab Dastard
26th Jun 2023, 20:47
Thanks for the reminder SLXOwft, I knew that info was in here somewhere!

I've added this to a sticky at the top of this forum, where people may see it before posting. Well, we live in hope.

SD

IBJoel
26th Jun 2023, 22:27
We get dinged by Google for having a publicly-accessible off-topic section, so this way we keep it relatively open and don't take a traffic hit.

Asturias56
27th Jun 2023, 08:09
Thankyou gentlemen for the explanation!

Less Hair
27th Jun 2023, 08:13
Thank you as well from my side for explaining it.