PDA

View Full Version : Captain not allowing ID staff travel

cowabunga438
24th Jun 2023, 07:02
so I’m qantas captain

qantas has an interline deal with Lufthansa. Wife and child travelling Singapore, Frankfurt, Lisbon. Get to Frankfurt. Check in for Lisbon segment. Get told captain has decided only Lufthansa staff and buddies can go on standby?

wtf!

can they do that? Why would they?

rog747
24th Jun 2023, 07:17
so I’m qantas captain

qantas has an interline deal with Lufthansa. Wife and child travelling Singapore, Frankfurt, Lisbon. Get to Frankfurt. Check in for Lisbon segment. Get told captain has decided only Lufthansa staff and buddies can go on standby?

wtf!
can they do that? Why would they?

Weird,
Staff Travel onloads are done by Pax services (check-in and/or at Gate) and pretty much done 'automatically & computer recognised' in terms of airline, airline agreements, DOJ, seniority etc

The only time a Capt could/would be involved if there was a jump seat request, which these days are very limited and are for usually cabin (not flight deck) jump seat requests, and only given in most cases to their own airlines staff members (not to other airlines Staff, unless this has been authorised; such as urgent Duty Travel).

The only other scenario could be a weight/payload issue, in which case,
My Q is : can a Capt instruct to only offer seats (subject to what weight available is remaining) to his/her own airline colleagues ???
Or should this still be solely down to Pax ground staff?

Asturias56
24th Jun 2023, 08:54
who told you? The Captain or some German jobsworth??

nomilk
24th Jun 2023, 20:08
I remember years ago, LH had very long standyby lists, so maybe the list was so long already that there would have been no chance for low priority ID 90s. In some parts of Germany school summer holidays started this weekend,so probably very busy.