View Full Version : Incident and interviews

flywithpassion
23rd Jun 2023, 17:37
All hi,

As a CFI I have been involved in an incident during a flying lesson. We had a loss of power and were forced to land in a field, the cause of the power loss is not yet determined, probably carburetor related. The aircraft suffered light damages to the flaps and nobody was injured. As I am currently applying for the airlines, I wonder if this can ban me from the profession, since applications forms often ask if we have ever been involved in an incident/accident.

Do you know the general policies of airlines on this issue ?

Speed_Trim_Fail
23rd Jun 2023, 21:59
All hi,

As a CFI I have been involved in an incident during a flying lesson. We had a loss of power and were forced to land in a field, the cause of the power loss is not yet determined, probably carburetor related. The aircraft suffered light damages to the flaps and nobody was injured. As I am currently applying for the airlines, I wonder if this can ban me from the profession, since applications forms often ask if we have ever been involved in an incident/accident.

Do you know the general policies of airlines on this issue ?

I am a line pilot and don’t work in recruitment, however a well managed incident is far more likely to give you something interesting to talk about and be a positive; particularly if it was a mechanical failure that was well handled.

flywithpassion
26th Jun 2023, 14:54
Thank you for your insight, and yes it turned out as a good experience in the end.