PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Groundschool - D/L ATPL Theory

STurns
13th Mar 2001, 20:55
Just discovered that the distance learning ATPL course has only been running about three months.

I'm not too concerned but as most of the feedback on pprune is for slightly older courses I would like to hear from any individuals currently doing this particular course.

Princess PP
14th Mar 2001, 17:23
I believe that the JAA ATPL course has actually been running since Oct.2000, and as such the 60 or so students on the course will be sitting their 1st batch of exams in this month.

I have just recently enrolled, so can't give much working critique.

STurns
14th Mar 2001, 22:55
Princess,

I have decided to go with Bristol, and ordered module one today.

Good luck with your course! Although i've always found that hard work=good luck!

Ah well I never went out much in the evening anyway!

Which_Way
17th Mar 2001, 01:50
I'm thinking of doing my ATPL, by distance learning and not sure to go with 4 forces, or with Bristol.
I hear Bristol have a very good reputation, do you have a telephone number for them, and how much did the course cost.

Please e-mail me

frozenpilot
13th Jul 2004, 15:21
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Bristol ground school feedback for mass and balance?

Thanks

Frozenpilot

pipergirl
13th Jul 2004, 15:36
just finished mod 1 with Bristol...they were absolutely fantastic.

excellent set-up, great teachers and masses of feedback......couldn't praise 'em enough..
:ok:

mordien
13th Jul 2004, 16:31
A silly question maybe, but are all students from the UK or are there people from other European countries as well?

Thanks
//Martin - newbie :)

ramshorn
13th Jul 2004, 16:39
I'm also doing ATPL's with Bristol.Went to them initially because of their exellent reputation and the added bonus that i live in Bristol!Am going into school for module 1 brush up in september,and have so far found them to be very efficientwith an exellent cd rom package and great technical support. The contents of the course is explained really thoroughly,and so far i'm pretty impressed.I also know for a fact that they've been up and running as a distance learning groundschool fo at least a few years,so i don't know who told you that they'd only been going a few months,but my guess is that they maybe work somewhere in the oxford area!!
Good luck fly boys and girls!!:cool:

High Wing Drifter
13th Jul 2004, 17:54
My Mod 2 brush-up is next week. It is not possible to fault Bristol...IMHO.

YYZ
14th Jul 2004, 07:58
Which Way

I'm thinking of doing my ATPL, by distance learning and not sure to go with 4 forces, or with Bristol.

See Here (http://www.bristol.gs/)

Mordien

A silly question maybe, but are all students from the UK or are there people from other European countries as well?

Not only do they cover all of Europe but anywhere in the world,
You can order your material, do you DL studies anywhere you wish but you will have to come back to the UK for the 2 week brush up per module.

Im also doing my MOD1 with BGS.

YYZ:}