PDA

View Full Version : Reporting a post

tubby linton
15th Jun 2023, 18:28
I have reported a rude post a number of times for being rude about another poster but the post is still present. If a moderator wishes to disagree then perhaps they could have the decency to tell the reporter why they believe the post should remain. I will probably get the usual blah blah from a Mod about discussing this publicly but as I am not aware who actually reviews these reports what other option do I have?

Senior Pilot
15th Jun 2023, 18:31
I will probably get the usual blah blah from a Mod about discussing this publicly but as I am not aware who actually reviews these reports what other option do I have?

It’s at the bottom of every page: “Contact Us”

And FWIW not everything that you report is agreed to by the Mods, hence no action is taken.

tubby linton
15th Jun 2023, 18:57
It’s at the bottom of every page: “Contact Us”

And FWIW not everything that you report is agreed to by the Mods, hence no action is taken.
I thought that if I pushed the right buttons you would appear. HaHa. If there is no feedback from when a post is reported multiple times then there can be no guarantee that using the contact us will work either which defeats the whole process and integrity of the moderators. There should be some feedback if a reported post us not removed and I hope that the decision is not down to a single mod.There is no trail that a contact us message has been received and who has looked at it which means that it is an ineffectual channel of communication and best ignored as being useless.

tubby linton
15th Jun 2023, 19:02
This is part of the post I reported-“Please do not present yourself as some sort of elder statesman or bastion of knowledge, when you’re only just into the RHS of a 737 “ . Nothing about it pertains to me but the poster was being rude and patronising neithe rof which is allowed here.
The poster is being plainly rude but if you think this is acceptable it calls into question the moderators actually doing their job and removing rude and problematic posts.

Senior Pilot
15th Jun 2023, 19:04
I thought that if I pushed the right buttons you would appear. HaHa. If there is no feedback from when a post is reported multiple times then there can be no guarantee that using the contact us will work either which defeats the whole process and integrity of the moderators. There should be some feedback if a reported post us not removed and I hope that the decision is not down to a single mod..
You are well aware that Moderation discussions should be via PM or Contact Us.

There is no process in the IB system for feedback on Reported Posts, but you do yourself no favours by making a habit of reporting posts as ‘rude’ on numerous occasions. We don’t all share your level of sensitivity and many discussions within PPRuNe become self moderating by input from others.

Maybe you should try it, rather than reverting to Reporting Posts? The instance you refer to wasn’t even directed at you; and again, take discussion of Moderation offline.