PDA

View Full Version : Renewal training in a different EASA member state

aviationdreamer
29th May 2023, 18:16
Hello
hope everyone is doing well

Looking to renew my MEP/IR ratings on my EASA HCAA cpl. Havent flown since 2019.
Can i renew them in a state different than the state of issue?
Im thinking of doing the one week or so of training with an ATO in a different member state along with the skill test. I know that the medical renewal can be done outside of state of issue but what about the renewal training/skill test, Can i?

Thank you.

flybyschool
29th May 2023, 21:50
Hello
hope everyone is doing well

Looking to renew my MEP/IR ratings on my EASA HCAA cpl. Havent flown since 2019.
Can i renew them in a state different than the state of issue?
Im thinking of doing the one week or so of training with an ATO in a different member state along with the skill test. I know that the medical renewal can be done outside of state of issue but what about the renewal training/skill test, Can i?

Thank you.

of course you can!

Only remember that your license will be renewed from the authority (country) you had it… so the skill test must be performed in accordance to that authority… registered examiner, procedures of that authority, etc

regards

aviationdreamer
30th May 2023, 07:16
of course you can!

Only remember that your license will be renewed from the authority (country) you had it… so the skill test must be performed in accordance to that authority… registered examiner, procedures of that authority, etc

regards
Thank you for the reply. Do you have any idea how can i know if the skill test and examiner is accepted by the issuing state?
And the ATO as long as it is under EASA the issuing country must accept its training ?
Can the ATO be in the UK?

Regards