PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways not issuing hours of certificate!

Ledi43
23rd May 2023, 12:57
I'm in between joining QR or another airline in the region, however I saw in a holding pool whatsapp group, something that seems to be a screenshot of a policy that Qatar Airways does not issue hours of certificate, letter of good conduct and no incident/accident report. Documents themselves demand when joining and documents future employers probably would like to see aswell.

Is this true?
Is this the case always or is it just a reservation for them to no issue the above mentioned letters in case there is an issue with the employee?
Can you still obtain them if you leave on good terms?

Are there any other airlines that has such a practice of not issuing these certificates, not even my previous dodgy outfit would deny someone these.

enzino
24th May 2023, 10:00
In case of doubt, join the other airline.

I asked the few I know working for QR and they have confirmed it. As a consequence, I've withdrawn my application.

Skyfl410
24th May 2023, 19:49
[QUOTE=Ledi43;11439111]I'm in between joining QR or another airline in the region, however I saw in a holding pool whatsapp group, something that seems to be a screenshot of a policy that Qatar Airways does not issue hours of certificate, letter of good conduct and no incident/accident report. Documents themselves demand when joining and documents future employers probably would like to see aswell.

Is this true?
Is this the case always or is it just a reservation for them to no issue the above mentioned letters in case there is an issue with the employee?

From my personal experience, they DO provide certificates the moment you leave. Hours, No incident/accident; they stamp your logbook and a certificate that you worked for them. If you need other certificates you can request them but sometimes hard to have. They will not provide a Recommendation letter or things like that.

username taken
25th May 2023, 20:45
[QUOTE=Ledi43;11439111]I'm in between joining QR or another airline in the region, however I saw in a holding pool whatsapp group, something that seems to be a screenshot of a policy that Qatar Airways does not issue hours of certificate, letter of good conduct and no incident/accident report. Documents themselves demand when joining and documents future employers probably would like to see aswell.

Is this true?

From my personal experience, they DO provide certificates the moment you leave. Hours, No incident/accident; they stamp your logbook and a certificate that you worked for them. If you need other certificates you can request them but sometimes hard to have. They will not provide a Recommendation letter or things like that.

Not anymore buddy. Not provided. Fact

k.swiss
25th May 2023, 23:52
Not really acceptable on any terms, it is a basic requirement for anyone if you need to move on.

Skyfl410
26th May 2023, 07:32
[QUOTE=Skyfl410;11439887]

Not anymore buddy. Not provided. Fact

wow! that's very bad.....

k.swiss
27th May 2023, 00:30
Can anyone confirm this, what does the notice exactly say?

Even if you need to move on after 10 years, no letter, nothing?

Emma Royds
28th May 2023, 23:10
Such letters can often be pointless, since you could have a blemish free career with an airline, yet prang a single engine Cessna that you hire in your time off and a ‘No accident/incident letter’ won’t reflect that. It’s why a number of regulators won’t even give such a letter, since one can hold and use multiple flying licences and it’s impossible to keep track of what goes on.

As is the case with a number of Gulf states (Qatar and UAE included), you can get a certificate detailing any criminal convictions when you get your visa cancelled. This can be used to support any security clearance needed with your next job.

pippobaudo
29th May 2023, 04:41
I wonder if they stamp the logbook before you leave; this is a requirement from many airlines when you apply for an interview.

Skyfl410
1st Jun 2023, 08:51
[QUOTE=Emma Royds;11442133]Such letters can often be pointless,

Not pointless at all. I have changed 5 Airlines and they all requested Proof and letters from my previous airline. I'm really surprised QR doesn't provide these certificates.

k.swiss
2nd Jun 2023, 14:33
Such letters can often be pointless, since you could have a blemish free career with an airline, yet prang a single engine Cessna that you hire in your time off and a ‘No accident/incident letter’ won’t reflect that. It’s why a number of regulators won’t even give such a letter, since one can hold and use multiple flying licences and it’s impossible to keep track of what goes on.

As is the case with a number of Gulf states (Qatar and UAE included), you can get a certificate detailing any criminal convictions when you get your visa cancelled. This can be used to support any security clearance needed with your next job.

Have to disagree, the letter will clearly state no incident/no accident at XYZ company hence its use.

It is a requirement for most airlines if you want to join and should not be withheld, one of the most basic of requirements.

Xulu
6th Jun 2023, 15:27
Some airlines do request them as part of the hiring process, even if pointless.

E.g My last carrier gave someone a no incident letter, when they were in fact leaving precisely because of a major incident. I remember the fleet manager remarking "well technically it was an accident, not an incident - so we're being truthful in signing this 'no incident' letter..."

They wanted rid of the employee without going through the firing/payoff and battle with union.

Koan
27th Apr 2024, 01:49
US companies will not give you anything or even stamp logbooks
Only validate dates of employment and if one is "eligible” for rehire, legal reasons.

Youwish
27th Apr 2024, 05:37
Old thread, now all documents are provided in QR.
As soon as the big A55H0/_E was sent home everything changed. The tiny island guy need to go too and everything will be very good!