PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Flight Training Academy

nmoody
23rd May 2023, 10:15
Does anyone have any tips or advice to get accepted into EFTA, or does anyone know someone who has? And I raise the question if graduated EFTA Cadets are wanted by other airlines. Is it worth the hefty cost for the end result? Looking for advice from the professional aviation community.

Emma Royds
24th May 2023, 11:18
It's a lot of money to invest in a licence that provides you with very few employment opportunities. Bear in mind the extra cost involved if you wish to convert your GCAA licence to another state as well.

A320LGW
25th May 2023, 08:25
I've never understood this EFTA thing. Fine if you are Emirati and it's fully funded with a job waiting .. but what is the purpose of all the international students forking out such huge sums to fly a jet for their IR with near 0 employment prospects post graduation?

Basharbarbarawi
7th Aug 2023, 12:55
Any updates ? Im planning to get in does anyone recommend? And does the quote that says “Only Emirates Flight Training Academy cadets have the exclusive opportunity to interview for first officer roles with Emirates straight from graduation. If you meet the requirements, you could fly with one of the world’s largest international airlines.” is this true? I appreciate any advice.

1201alarm
7th Aug 2023, 21:43
Frankly, I would pursue other avenues to reach your pilots licence. As fascinating as the big jets are, it is not good to start your career on longhaul.

You want to train your skills on shorthaul when you are young, up and down, many takeoffs and landings, to fill your bag of experience. There is a reason most longhaul only airlines expect a few thousand hours of experience before they let you into their flightdeck. You need your bag of experience filled before you switch over to only 3 landings a month.

The exception are localisation cadetships for whatever reason in certain countries and airlines - but not for skill reason. I always wondered how it is to be a pilot that started directly on autopilot and cruising the world having on 150 landings after 5 years into the career. While as a shorthaul FO you make about 1500 landings in the same time. And tell you what: up and down is a lot of fun when you are young.