PDA

View Full Version : BM - Bits and Bobs.

Do-Do
22nd Jan 2001, 21:28
Just a quickie...

I had my interview the other week but forgot to ask them a few questions such as,

How many sponsorships will they be offering out, I think it was about 15 last year - any improvement this year?

When will the course start?

Will there be an allowance whilst at oats (e.g - The BA cadets get £30)?

Thanks in advance and Good luck to everyone who's got this far!

Teroc
24th Jan 2001, 12:49
How did the Interview go Do-Do ?
Any nasty surprises?

VTOL
24th Jan 2001, 13:15
I did ask and the answers I got were:

24 places in 2 courses with the first one starting in August. Apparently ~160 were invited to Oxford for interview with ~70 going onto final board with BM.

Can't help with the allowance question but I would imaging not - we're footing £15,000 of the bill - they're not going to ask us to pay that and then give us £1600 back! Or am I just being cynical? :D

VTOL

Do-Do
24th Jan 2001, 13:39
25 places! Hey that's fairly good odds if you ask me. Mind you, we have to get through this stage yet.

I found the interview fairly straight foreword, nothing too hard if you spent the last month reading the last 2 years of FI and every single airline related book on the market! I don't think they expect someone that has limited hours to know everything about aviation, having said that, I reckon they do want evidence that you'd eat s##t to get on the scheme!

Thanks for the reply's and keep them coming.

Anyone know when the 2 courses will start.

AffirmBrest
24th Jan 2001, 17:41
There is an allowance at OATS, recently £40pw, paid monthly/weekly or however your course decides they want it.

Nice to see you've all done your research...

Downwind_Left
24th Jan 2001, 22:36
I was told interviews @ OATS will go well into February, and we'll find out in March whether we've got to the next stage.

BM interviews in May.

I was told the first courses would start between August and October.

PFO
25th Jan 2001, 01:18
Downwind_Left,

Hi, how are you?

Did you enjoy your BM interview as much as I did!?

PFO

JT8
25th Jan 2001, 03:22
Chaps,

Just a couple quick questions to all the BM hopefuls:

When did you submit your initial applications to OATS, and whats the general timescale for the selection process?
Any idea if they intend to start accepting further applications this summer?

Cheers, and good luck with the interviews.

JT8

Perfect PFL
25th Jan 2001, 16:35
I don't remember exactly when I put in my application, but I think it was september or october time last year.
I then went for the OATs interview in december, as I had passed the psychometric testing last year. Now I'm just waiting to hear whether I'm through to the next stage.
I would guess that they will be advertising again late summer this year.

Downwind_Left
26th Jan 2001, 00:50
From what I remember;

Applications in by start of October.
Aptitudes in mid-November
OATS interviews January-February
BMI Interviews May
Courses start August-October

So, could be a full 12 months from application to starting the course!

I think BMI ab-initio sponsorship is once a year (like Airtours, Air 2k, BE etc)

One thought, we were asked if we knew what the new name for British Midland would be. Anybody who's still got to be interviewed will probably get asked what they think of the new image. Will you have to lie? :)

PFO, you might have something in your inbox later. But after the day I've had at work, and this strange urge I've got to visit a public house, you may not!

JT8
26th Jan 2001, 01:57
Cheers for the help folks, much appreciated.

Happy flying :) :)
JT8

Going Around
27th Jan 2001, 15:49
Hey for all you guys and gals out there waiting to hear, I have just checked out the OATS web site. They have just updated their site ref. the BM applications and say that they have nearly completed the interviews and that we could hear something in the next 2 weeks.

Good luck everybody.

MarathonMan
27th Jan 2001, 16:44
Interview last week. We will definitely not hear until March.

cheers