View Full Version : AAIB (H) UK May 2023

Luther Sebastian
15th May 2023, 05:28
A109SP arrives at hospital site, but the hospital wasn’t expecting them - Link (https://www.gov.uk/aaib-reports/aaib-investigation-to-aw109sp-g-taas)

Sorry about posting late, I was on a cruise. It was lovely.

Sir Korsky
15th May 2023, 06:06
Not like it was the end of the world though was it ? A lot of news about not much. Some of the elevated pads I've landed on in the past have had fire suppression systems built it, but overall it's very rare to find a hospital that has folk standing by to ' put you out ' in the US. All seems a little safety OTT to me. 6 hours in 28 days ? How do I apply ?

OvertHawk
15th May 2023, 08:21
Not like it was the end of the world though was it ? A lot of news about not much. Some of the elevated pads I've landed on in the past have had fire suppression systems built it, but overall it's very rare to find a hospital that has folk standing by to ' put you out ' in the US. All seems a little safety OTT to me. 6 hours in 28 days ? How do I apply ?

Given the potential consequences of an accident, in particular a fire, on top of a hospital It seems entirely proportionate to me that fire cover is provided. It's usually (but not always) staff from other departments - porters or security, who staff the deck.

I agree that it seems a bit OTT that this ended up being investigated by the AAIB though... You would have thought that an internal investigation by the operator and the NHS Trust would have been adequate.

Sir Korsky
15th May 2023, 08:58
All the security guard will be able to do against a hundred gallons of burning jet fuel will be to get his marshmallows out. That's really the point here. These are becoming pretty much standard in new build facilities....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Lx98glMQE&t=1s

Hot_LZ
15th May 2023, 09:50

Welcome to the U.K. and H&S gone mad. Sadly it’s getting a bit out of hand now.

LZ