PDA

View Full Version : fic schools

mlme0891
30th Aug 2002, 18:26
hi,
Anyone got any experiences or advice to offer as regards doing a FIC course at Stapleford Flight Centre or Northamptonshire School of Flying,as i intend doing one, just lookin for a good school

Thanks in advance,

Bob Fleming
30th Aug 2002, 18:48
been to stapleford recently quite impressed - they use warriors for the majority of the training and costs about £5,400

there was a thread on FIC started by me not so long ago....hope this link below works....

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63764

don't know anything about northants but there's also cranfield with bonus and cranfield aero club offering them there.

regards

BillieBob
30th Aug 2002, 19:47
I'm also thinking of an FI course but I can't find Northamptonshire School of Flying on the CAA's approved list. They'd be very convenient for me, are they approved for the FI course?

Bob Fleming
31st Aug 2002, 11:29
billie bob - where do you get the caa list from - presumably on the website but where abouts

thanks

cubby
1st Sep 2002, 08:46
Mime
Dont go anywhere else except the Joint Elementry Flying Training School at RAF Barkston Heath Nr Grantham Lincoln.
It will be the best flying you will ever have done and you will be a better instructor and pilot for going there. They do not advertise as it is all done on recomendation.
Phone 01400 230378 and talk to Gary Giles.
Cost of coarse is £5500 inc test fee
Also look up JEFTS in the FI's Forum

Good luck
Cubby:)