PDA

View Full Version : Applications Advice

AndyDRHuddleston
30th Aug 2002, 18:23
Hoping someone could give me a little pointer!

I am currectly completing an application form for ATPL sponsorship with one of the 'big boys', and am unsure as to what to declare as qualifications!

On the application form it asks for a list of all qualifications. I have 6 GCSE's grades C, aswell as an Advanced GNVQ in Science and an HND in mech eng.

With regards to my GCSE's would I be best only declaring the grade C's and ommiting the other GCSE grades, or should I declare all my GCSE results, i.e. 6 C's 3 D's and an E!!!! I can't help but feel that the GCSE grades lower than a C would only hinder my application. Your views would be greatly appreciated.

It may seem a bit minor, but I'd rather do it all correctly.

Many thanks in advance

ADRH:confused: :confused:

Lucifer
1st Sep 2002, 16:09
You should always declare all qualifications that have been taken, especially since the originals of certificates are often checked, and all your subjects are [usually] listed on one for the same board.

johnwalton
1st Sep 2002, 19:26
Yea, you should always declare all of your formal qualifications.

Although, if there is limited space, concentrate on the core qualifications first (Maths, Science, English), and you'd be alright leaving out 'minor' qualifiications such as RS. But if there's plenty of space then put them all down.

I know someone who is considering applying for the Britannia cadetship, and he got in contact with Airline Appointments (who are handling the applications) and they said that Britannia would likely require proof of all qualifications. That means that you'd have to supply certificates, and if you have a certificate with say, 3 grades C's and an E on it, they're bound to say, "Why wasn't this E included on the application form?"

If you've got what they're looking for then they won't let the lower grades put them off at least giving you an interview. Just remember that if you get rejected, it isn't necessarily because of the lower grades, it just depends what each airline is looking for at that particular time.

Good luck with your application,
John

AndyDRHuddleston
2nd Sep 2002, 12:18
Thanks Guys!

Sagey
2nd Sep 2002, 13:53
All that qualifications do is say you are eligible to apply.

The question and answer section is more important, as it is your opportunity to sell yourself on paper, and to explain what you have done and why.

When people are looking they will check you have the necessary qualifications, and then choose who to interview, invite for selection on the rest of the form!

Therefore I agree, put all of them down, and spend time thinking about the longer answers.

Sagey