PDA

View Full Version : Hour Building CPL - Aircraft Type Allowed.

jordan12
7th May 2023, 15:31
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on Hour Building towards my eventual application for a UK CAA CPL(A).

I got my PPL back in February and I have now started to hour build towards the 100 hours PIC requirement. I’ve done around about 20 hours post license on a C152 currently.

I have been offered the opportunity to fly the rest of my hours on a Eurofox, the Eurofox in question is a Non-Part 21 aircraft and is on an LAA Permit to fly. There seems to be some debate if this type of aircraft would count towards my PIC hours.

Does anyone have any experience or hour building on a Non-part 21 aircraft? Is this acceptable?

Thanks in advance for any answers and advice.

onionabroad
15th Jun 2023, 12:01
Hi Jordan... just checking out a similar question over at Hour building in laa permit aircraft - PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/602024-hour-building-laa-permit-aircraft.html). Perhaps an answer may pop up there if not here.

redsnail
15th Jun 2023, 19:35
From my reading on the CAA site, you need a 3 axis controllable aircraft. If you're weight shifting etc, nope, it won't do. So if that aircraft is a 3 axis controllable aircraft, you should be good to go.
However, as with anything in life, trust but verify. Ask the CAA.